Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Nike Apollo or Inno Novius

well there not the same! appolo is standard and novius is tapered!

...Unless he plans on buying the standard Novius, in which case it wouldn't be tapered, now would it?

I have heard very good things about both shafts. Having never tried either of them, I obviously can't tell you what I personally think of them. I know there have been quite a few guys that have found the Apollo relatively cheap; that may become your deciding factor.

sorry sorry!!! i'M really not a inno expert and i thought novius was only tapered!

my bad...

by the way,i heard really nice comment on the appolo..nice shaft shape,coolest shaft(well maybe the Vapor X is nicier)but novius isnt bad at all..anywayz

and the nike it pretty cheap....i think in this case nike is way to go...

I have both and I'd say you cant really go wrong with either one. The Novius has really good kick because of that Boron Spine and whatever it does, lol, but my Nike has also good kick to it too. They're not the lightest shafts out there but their not definitely not heavy either. I like my Apollo with an Apollo blade and when I used my Novius I liked using a Z-Carbon in there. Both combos felt nicely balanced. The durability has been great on both shafts too. I'd get whatever one is cheaper.

i used my novius for about a month and it snapped on the 31st day...i think it was because of the proshop dummies putting in the blade 3 times before getting it in the right side (due to the boron spine), and that might have caused overheating of the shaft (eventually where it broke) but the feel adn kick of the novius is uncomparable to any other stick, and many users here have had these shafts for over a year....i love it and i even got the warrantly replacement option of a synthesis or novius at my lhs and i went with the novius

i would go for the novius, theyre starting to go on sale again for just over 100 dollars CDN

i got one at national for $110 tapered...i broke it 2 days after warrantly, but the manager was super nice, when he couldnt find the novius in his store, he offered me any other tapered shaft, r2, synthesis grip, but then he found the shaft at anotehr national location and i picked it up from there

nice thanks echi......i might try to get one since i'm from QC...i will see what can i do

by the way...do you find this shaft being a bit heavy in comparison to other tapered shaft??(i say that because i saw the novius spec. and it say 315 gram for a 51''..when the r2 is 55'' and 265 gram!!)

Novius versus Apollo? That's like comparing Secretariat to Mr. Ed! :P

No, seriously, it's all a question of personal taste. If you think you'll be happier with an Apollo, then go for it! But if you want to play the odds, a good 3/4 or more of people on this board (rough estimate from what I've read) would likely reach for a Novius when given the choice between the two.

As for shaft weight, I play with both a Novius and an R2xn10. Because it's so light, the R2 makes sweeping, poke-checking noticeably easier...but as to stickhandling, how the puck feels is WAY different between the two, and that's more personal taste again.

yea i know what you wanna mean......but since the novius is 110CND i'm not sure if i'm still going for my r2 xn10 and my synthesis blade.....

wackedwing-------which blade did you put in your novius/r2??

Here's what I have:

Novius Tapered Intermediate -- T-Flex wood blade (for ball hockey)

Novius Tapered Senior -- Mission Ether wood blade

R2xn10 -- Mission Ether wood blade

I bought about 20 Ether blades and recurved them to what I like. Maybe I'm cheap, but when you can get 'em for basically $10, stock up...

cobraa you probably wont be able to get the shaft for 110, i think that national effed up the price tag for me cause i saw them for 129 yesterday at the store. but i dont think the novius is heavy at 315, the synthesis is only 15 grams less. I have a wood blade in there and it feels a bit balde heavy, so im going to try out some light blades. Trust me cobrraa, the kick on this shaft is unbelievable.

wacked wing, where can you get the mission ether blades??

wacked wing, where can you get the mission ether blades??

I second that........

CobrAA, Im getting a inno novius (blue) shaft, If I dont like it id be more than happy to sell it to you ;) its a 300 Flex (80 easton)

Still looking to get the apollo though, I just got the novius because I got a really good deal on it......

i thought novius has only white or red...well i could be open to your offer but think is i'M 6feet tall so i'M more into 90-100 flex and uncut shaft...

but if you don't cut your shaft i could be interesting ...if the price is interesting!:P

echi24....i know it only 15 gram more....but where i wanna go with that...is the fact that the novius is only 51''..synthesis is 52'' and other are about 55''

So the heaviest shaft is the shortest too..it would make more sens is the heaviest shaft is the longest!!anywayz i know it not dramatik!!! lol!

Hey cobra, are you left or right-handed? Intersport on wellington is selling Hespeler F4 blades for $30. Thought it might go well with the shaft if you do get a new one.

I bought a bunch of Mission Ether wood blades from 1800FaceOff several months ago... they have some left, but not the selection they had when I ordered.

Anyone know where I can get RH wood R2 blades..?

um i'm rigthy like you...! intersport do have hespeler stuff??...well i might check this blade...i never saw a F4 but from what i heard on this site it a good blade!

by the way jackal...what did you make this year??(midget what??)