Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mfd1068

Vapor Guy or Supreme Guy?

i have been trying on both vapors and supremes lately. i am in graf 705s which are nice but definitely a heavier boot. i was in 704's before that and they were very light. plus, these new grafs have been a bitch to break in. i actually switched back to socks because of it. i think i have a normal to narrow foot. high instep also.

so with the vapors on sale, i figured i might get a good deal on a lighter, higher performance skate. i am a little concerned about the pitch issue but it seems that it just takes a little time to adjust.

i hate to say that the vapors dont feel as nice on my feet. not horrible but not great either. i was really hoping they would be just right but that one70 fits much better. how much actual molding goes on in each skate? it seems like there isnt much in that vapor to mold. especially compared to my grafs. the supreme boot fits my bony ankles.

i have read a lot of reviews stating that the vapors are better for quicker turns because of the shorter radius as well as being a little more aggressively pitched forward. the supremes are for better stability because of a longer radius. how much of a difference is there really between the 2? and what about that pitch coming from from graf? thanks.

In my experience the supreme fit better for myself. The heel area is more narrow than the vapor line IMO. I wear one95's. I have had vapor XXX's and they gave me heel slippage. I also have vapor x25's for inline and they also gave me heel slippage. Why not buy a pair of used x60's or one95's to gamble with? Instead of buying brand new at a store that possibly no one will be able to help you pick a skate that fits you well. I got my one95's on ebay for $250.

Good luck to you :smile:

Not having a skate that fits like a glove sucks.

EDIT: for typo.

I went with the Supreme One 70. Great fit for me and I like the stiff boot. Played in them for 6 months now, no pain or discomfort at all. Durrabilty is good as well.

I went with the Vapor x60 LE size 9.5 D width. I have had them for over 3 weeks now and they feel great. They fitting process at my LHS was excellent. He had me try one several size/width combo's and even a TotalOne in size 9 which he said would be the correct size. My left skate was perfect while there was some pain on the outside of my foot in the right skate. It turned out to be the insole(using Superfeet) was alittle wide.Quick trim and no pain. I'm really happy with the skates and the service at the LHS. They were on sale as well for 25% so a good deal was had. They are breaking in nice, public skated about 6 times and played p/u about 4 times now. Great to be back playing again with a new hip(which I have fallen on twice and indeed it hurt). Thanks for all the replies and advice,good info.

In my opinion if the Vapor 60 fit you the best and impressed you intially, then instinct dictates you should go with them. You'll get great performance and responsiveness from either line of skates so that's not an issue. With skates if they feel right from the start then that's the way to go.

I switched to Vapors and won't go back. Just an awesome skate, well balanced - light, but not at the expense of durability. Comfort aside, I just like how consistent they feel on the ice.

Prior to that I wore Grafs and RBK 9ks. I used to love Graf back in the day, but they simply haven't kept up with technology - it's like a nostalgia skate at this point.

i have been trying on both vapors and supremes lately. i am in graf 705s which are nice but definitely a heavier boot. i was in 704's before that and they were very light. plus, these new grafs have been a bitch to break in. i actually switched back to socks because of it. i think i have a normal to narrow foot. high instep also.

so with the vapors on sale, i figured i might get a good deal on a lighter, higher performance skate. i am a little concerned about the pitch issue but it seems that it just takes a little time to adjust.

i hate to say that the vapors dont feel as nice on my feet. not horrible but not great either. i was really hoping they would be just right but that one70 fits much better. how much actual molding goes on in each skate? it seems like there isnt much in that vapor to mold. especially compared to my grafs. the supreme boot fits my bony ankles.

i have read a lot of reviews stating that the vapors are better for quicker turns because of the shorter radius as well as being a little more aggressively pitched forward. the supremes are for better stability because of a longer radius. how much of a difference is there really between the 2? and what about that pitch coming from from graf? thanks.

How about buying the skate for the boot fit, and changing the runners for preference, if you feel the need?

Why would anyone with a high instep be wearing a Graf 703/704 or even 705?

i think its high. there's no way to actually measure it though. i bought my 704's when i first started playing. i really liked them. i just kept the top of the foot section laced a little looser.

the 705 is the right depth. i went down a 1/2 size and still tighten much more with them.

i tried on the one80s tonight and they fit great. i wish i had tried them on 6 months ago but i always read that supremes were for wider feet and i didnt think(and still dont) i had wide feet. maybe its the bony ankles but they fit much better than the vapors. i am amazed at how light they are compared to my grafs. night and day. any huge diff between the 80 and 70?

I always liked the feel of the Vapors vs the Supremes when it came to skating on the ice. Too bad the Vapors did not fit me all that well though.