Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric42434224

"For Display Purposes Only" Stick Question

No, the stick isnt really free, as I put in $1400 of my own money a month early for the team fee to have the chance to win an x60 stick.

Only to find out it isnt a retail x60 but a display stick. No warranty, no stick-um, unsure if the curve and flex are accurate....or if it is even an x60.

Do I not have the right to know what I won? If the stick is not what we were told it was, do I not have a right to question it?

You paying the fee with your own money isn't the rink's fault, although that is very admirable.

I believe most of the gear at the "Bauer Experience" isn't for retail sale as well, and they shoot just fine.

You paying the fee with your own money isn't the rink's fault, although that is very admirable.

I believe most of the gear at the "Bauer Experience" isn't for retail sale as well, and they shoot just fine.

Who is talking about fault here?

Just looking for someone with experience perhaps being able to tell me what the stick is.

Is it a real stick or is it just wall art?

And if Bauer gave me the stick at the "Bauer Experience" and told me it was real, I would be satisfied.

The league manager wasnt even aware it was a display stick, so you can understand my hesitance and inquiry.

It is a "real" stick. Just because the labeling(curve, grip) does not match up to the stick does not matter. It is a "Display Stick." One of my shop guys used it and liked it. It is not intended for sale, hence "For Display Purposes Only." Bauer gave it to dealers for the X:60 POP launch in October 2009. Bauer did not intend for dealers to sell it and pocket $200 in their registers. Take it, use it, chalk up another one up to experience, and next season pay the league fee at the last minute.

It is a "real" stick. Just because the labeling(curve, grip) does not match up to the stick does not matter. It is a "Display Stick." One of my shop guys used it and liked it. It is not intended for sale, hence "For Display Purposes Only." Bauer gave it to dealers for the X:60 POP launch in October 2009. Bauer did not intend for dealers to sell it and pocket $200 in their registers. Take it, use it, chalk up another one up to experience, and next season pay the league fee at the last minute.

THANK YOU! A response to my actual question from someone with experience. If it is indeed a "real" stick and not something that was not intended for use, I am very cool with that.

Mods can close. :)

if I had to guess, it's like those blades that you used to be able to buy when the MyBauer lab things were being shut down. They were for display purposes only too.

THANK YOU! A response to my actual question from someone with experience. If it is indeed a "real" stick and not something that was not intended for use, I am very cool with that.

Mods can close. :)

I don't think you did anything wrong. I'm one of the least confrontational guys, but probably would have handled it the same way. Not really sure what the big deal is with trying to figure out what you got.

You're kidding right? There will be a couple posts from guys like JR or DS50 that actually have a clue, and 20 more from people just making wild guesses with no actual information. Plus, the five posts or PMs from people looking to buy it.

It would be the quickest way to get an answer from someone who knows what they're talking about. Why would he be better off getting info from the shop manager vs JR or Dark?

Saw the league director, and the pro shop replaced the stick with a Pro Stock CCM U+ CL from Dennis Wideman. The stick is SO long. Nice Grip. Bauer Malkin ish curve.

I am not sure if I will keep this or sell it and get a Bauer Supreme, which is what I use, or keep it.