Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

saiojitsu

Bauer or Mission?

What do you think are the best between skates bauer rx25 and mission t6? which are lighter and better as materials?

I had two sets of mission soldier but a part to be comfortable and aesthetically beautiful, unfortunately, after a year because of the sweat, the sole in the heel is always open.What do you recommend and why?

Thank you thousand.

Edit/Delete Message

try them both on and whatever one fits you better is going to be the best for your buck; they're different fits.

Unfortunately in Italy do not sell them so I can't try. I repeat: the important things for me are the durability and lightness. And the wheels.

I think the first comment about which one is going to fit you the best is going to be the deciding factor. Understanding that you don't have access to "try them on", you are going to have to make a best guess, based on sizing information that the manufactures provide and other threads that talk about sizing. The Bauer Vapor line is typically a very narrow fit, but the RX:25 comes in an R width, which is somewhere between a D and EE. The Mission is a bit wider fit, but come in both D and EE widths, so I'm guessing the D width will be similar to the Bauer and the EE width would be for that extra wide fit. The Mission also has more volume, thus better for someone with a big arch. Note that they both use "Bauer" sizing, approximately 1.5 sizes smaller then your shoe size (in US).

The T6 comes with Rink Rat Hot Shot XXX wheels (76A), and the RX:25 has Labeda Millenium x-soft wheels (74A). So if you are playing on Sportcourt, then the Labeda would provide a bit more grip. But if you play on smooth concrete, then the Rink Rat would provide more durability. Both come with Mission ABEC 9 bearings so that part of the equation is a wash.

Good Luck.

If you have a narrow ankle and semi wide feet...go with the vapors. That's my foot profile and the RX25s are amazing. I've only used them two games, didn't bake 'em, and they felt great and broken in first time I used them. The frames are solid and I didn't feel a thing when the puck deflected off my foot. Can't really speak to the durability, but it appears it'll hold up fine.

Lightness may be issue cause I do feel they're a bit heavier than some skates, but maybe I just have to get used to them.

I think the first comment about which one is going to fit you the best is going to be the deciding factor. Understanding that you don't have access to "try them on", you are going to have to make a best guess, based on sizing information that the manufactures provide and other threads that talk about sizing. The Bauer Vapor line is typically a very narrow fit, but the RX:25 comes in an R width, which is somewhere between a D and EE. The Mission is a bit wider fit, but come in both D and EE widths, so I'm guessing the D width will be similar to the Bauer and the EE width would be for that extra wide fit. The Mission also has more volume, thus better for someone with a big arch. Note that they both use "Bauer" sizing, approximately 1.5 sizes smaller then your shoe size (in US).

The T6 comes with Rink Rat Hot Shot XXX wheels (76A), and the RX:25 has Labeda Millenium x-soft wheels (74A). So if you are playing on Sportcourt, then the Labeda would provide a bit more grip. But if you play on smooth concrete, then the Rink Rat would provide more durability. Both come with Mission ABEC 9 bearings so that part of the equation is a wash.

Good Luck.

Despite the harder durometer on the RR, I find they get torn up much faster than any millennium. Hotshot has more grip than millennium.

Neither of them are really suitable for concrete, best to get some regular grippers or outdoor wheels for that purpose.

Both have slightly different sizings so search posts wherever you can and try and find someone who has skated in the Mission Black line and see what they now are wearing in the Axiom or Vapour line.

Well done sharks25, thats exactly the kind of info he needs to buy them over the internet. Now if only someone would set up a page with a table in it where we could post this info then it would take an awful lot of hassle out of buying skates because skate manufactures do NOT follow standard shoe sizing guides!!!!

Well done sharks25, thats exactly the kind of info he needs to buy them over the internet. Now if only someone would set up a page with a table in it where we could post this info then it would take an awful lot of hassle out of buying skates because skate manufactures do NOT follow standard shoe sizing guides!!!!

If you're not familiar with the sizing/fit of the skate you want to buy, it mostly likely means you shouldn't be buying online. There are plenty of size conversion tables on online retailers for sizing.

If you're not familiar with the sizing/fit of the skate you want to buy, it mostly likely means you shouldn't be buying online. There are plenty of size conversion tables on online retailers for sizing.

Your comment doesn't help - there are many of us who are not in a position to go to a LHS and try on skates, either because they are in a far away city or the LHS does not carry the stock. The conversion tables are basically rubbish, manufactures have subtly different sizings across their ranges and with each new model range they bring out. What you fitted 3 years ago can be 1/2 a size out from a new model made today, and this is from the same brand. Case in point, an rx25 size 8 is different from a X60 size 8, both Bauer.

Your comment doesn't help - there are many of us who are not in a position to go to a LHS and try on skates, either because they are in a far away city or the LHS does not carry the stock. The conversion tables are basically rubbish, manufactures have subtly different sizings across their ranges and with each new model range they bring out. What you fitted 3 years ago can be 1/2 a size out from a new model made today, and this is from the same brand. Case in point, an rx25 size 8 is different from a X60 size 8, both Bauer.

I saw your post whining on the IW Forums. There is reason why they offer free delivery and free return shipping on their skates. Unless you used the skates, it isn't a big deal. I don't think you can ask much more from them, they already do more than most places in listing the general dimension/volumes. And finally, if you contacted them you probably could have received a comparison or approximation on size. I e-mailed them to see how much a difference between at 7.5R RX25 and 7D X30, and they sent me back a pretty accurate number.

I am in the same situation as you with no LHS within 100 miles, but IW is not at fault for the entire footwear industry not having a set standard on sizing.

You're right, rx25 size 8 is different to a size 8 x60 because they used a different last.

Conversion charts are only a general guideline for you to find the correct size. Manufactures do have subtle sizing differences across their skates, which is why you need to try them before you buy if you don't know what will fit you best.

A little research will only get you so far, you can't expect to get fitted properly solely from reading subjective comparisons. Just because someone said they found x60 fits differently to the rx60 doesn't mean it will always be the case. Manufacturing tolerances, feet swelling, boot that has broken in vs one that isn't are just a factors that can be taken into account.

The LHSes I've used have been very good at getting stock that they don't normally carry. LHS can help you with punching/stretching if you purchased from them. I don't know about you but would you ever buy a house without visiting the property first? Just take the time to visit a big retailer if you're worried about choices.

Getting fitting properly in the first place will save alot people from posting on internet forums complaining about skate fit problems.

I saw your post whining on the IW Forums. There is reason why they offer free delivery and free return shipping on their skates. Unless you used the skates, it isn't a big deal. I don't think you can ask much more from them, they already do more than most places in listing the general dimension/volumes. And finally, if you contacted them you probably could have received a comparison or approximation on size. I e-mailed them to see how much a difference between at 7.5R RX25 and 7D X30, and they sent me back a pretty accurate number.

I am in the same situation as you with no LHS within 100 miles, but IW is not at fault for the entire footwear industry not having a set standard on sizing.

You misread my post, I'm not having a dig at IW. The service they provide is as good as anything else out there, if not better. But if you happen to live overseas ie Italy then the shipping part does not apply. Count yourself lucky that you live in a country that has the largest hockey retailers in the world!

So for us poor overseas folk, we need to be even more selective when buying something over the web. Skate sizings as provided by the manufacturer and quoted verbatim by the reseller are a guide, so is any other information you get back from the reseller (the exception is Bont speed skates where you fax them a drawing of your foot and they will size the boot for you).

Knowing that someone once wore a Mission Black of size x and then stepped into a rx25 of size y (and their toes still just feather the toe cap) is about as good as you are going to get without actually trying on the skates themselves.

You don't offer any support for a chart like this, apathy rules. If I had the ability to host a web site and get enough links to it I'd do it myself. As there is already a community out there, here and IW to name just two, then this would be an ideal place to put it and maybe it is something the community might like to support......

You're right, rx25 size 8 is different to a size 8 x60 because they used a different last.

Conversion charts are only a general guideline for you to find the correct size. Manufactures do have subtle sizing differences across their skates, which is why you need to try them before you buy if you don't know what will fit you best.

A little research will only get you so far, you can't expect to get fitted properly solely from reading subjective comparisons. Just because someone said they found x60 fits differently to the rx60 doesn't mean it will always be the case. Manufacturing tolerances, feet swelling, boot that has broken in vs one that isn't are just a factors that can be taken into account.

The LHSes I've used have been very good at getting stock that they don't normally carry. LHS can help you with punching/stretching if you purchased from them. I don't know about you but would you ever buy a house without visiting the property first? Just take the time to visit a big retailer if you're worried about choices.

Getting fitting properly in the first place will save alot people from posting on internet forums complaining about skate fit problems.

Try living in a country that doesn't have a big retailer / LHS or stocks a boot in the brand you want to buy or refuses to stock high end skates because they are too expensive to import and support if there are warranty issues etc etc etc. Then ask yourself if a comparative sizing chart would be a good idea to help those that are not as fortunate as us living in the good old US of A.

You misread my post, I'm not having a dig at IW. The service they provide is as good as anything else out there, if not better. But if you happen to live overseas ie Italy then the shipping part does not apply. Count yourself lucky that you live in a country that has the largest hockey retailers in the world!

So for us poor overseas folk, we need to be even more selective when buying something over the web. Skate sizings as provided by the manufacturer and quoted verbatim by the reseller are a guide, so is any other information you get back from the reseller (the exception is Bont speed skates where you fax them a drawing of your foot and they will size the boot for you).

Knowing that someone once wore a Mission Black of size x and then stepped into a rx25 of size y (and their toes still just feather the toe cap) is about as good as you are going to get without actually trying on the skates themselves.

You don't offer any support for a chart like this, apathy rules. If I had the ability to host a web site and get enough links to it I'd do it myself. As there is already a community out there, here and IW to name just two, then this would be an ideal place to put it and maybe it is something the community might like to support......

Try living in a country that doesn't have a big retailer / LHS or stocks a boot in the brand you want to buy or refuses to stock high end skates because they are too expensive to import and support if there are warranty issues etc etc etc. Then ask yourself if a comparative sizing chart would be a good idea to help those that are not as fortunate as us living in the good old US of A.

I live in Wales. My closest LHS is an hour away from me and had to wait weeks just so I can try a pair of grafs for size because they only had two pairs in stock. But they had no problem locating the pair I was looking for.

In the end had to travel all the way to USA to get a pair that work. I maybe apathatic towards a chart because I've purchased online in the past and it simply has not worked out.

Go to a neighbouring country, Europe or North America if that is what it takes. If you're buying top of the line skates anyways, you'd be expecting to pay quite a bit for duties ontop of shipping. With a little careful planning, you could do a holiday vacation and skate fitting at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone!

With a little careful planning, you could do a holiday vacation and skate fitting at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone!

U would be amazed how often this happens. A couple times a year we have some people from a foreign country come in and drop some green on gear cuz its just that much cheaper then back home.