Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bdh13

Graf GX Series

I was checking up on the release date for these skates and found this:

http://www.hockeyboss.com/grafg5ultraxsenioricehockeyskates-11model.aspx

Pre-order date is May 1 for the GX (other than the already released G3) & G75.

Anyone have any more information about these skates? I never buy anything at full price upon release, but this may be an exception.

Is this a replacement series for the entire Ultra G series or the original 705, 703s etc? Or is Graf Switzerland replacing their "F" series with this? Or are they simply revamping the entire line and making them all into one series of skate?

I'll have to admit the G75 sounds interesting. A perfect fit for my foot (on paper)

I've always felt that Graf probably should just scrap the whole original 700 series line and slim down a bit to one series of skate..This probably would allow dealers less confusion regarding the different models.

I've always felt that Graf probably should just scrap the whole original 700 series line and slim down a bit to one series of skate..This probably would allow dealers less confusion regarding the different models.

The different models covering a wide range of foot fits has been such a key to their success, however.

The different models covering a wide range of foot fits has been such a key to their success, however.

I think he meant the look/material of the skate, not the fit selection. Graf has the 7XX series, Ultra G series, F series (Swiss), then the lower ends in a 5XX and 6XX I believe. It can be confusing after awhile kind of like all the different Vapor numbers Bauer has put out. I don't think they'll ever do away with the 7XX though, they're a very durable skate that lots of men's league players like.

I just hope the GX is a combination of the 7XX durability and the Ultra G modern updates.

G75 but has narrower heel than 709 apparently

Seems like they are going for more of a "Supreme Fit" on this first iteration. Interesting since they're also using the same type of quarter material as Big B's.

I actually like the 7 series. Just for the simple, over built and durability of it. I think the lines can be confusing if you aren't used to how Graf sets up each series. I figure since I was spending good/alot of money for my skates I took my time and researched, read reviews and talk to Graf dealers about what the models were. If you take the time to do it, you can't go wrong with Grafs. Love my 705's. Although the weight could be reduced I know my skates will last a while. like a Cadillac it may not be the best looking out there, but it sure feels good...

Seems like they are going for more of a "Supreme Fit" on this first iteration. Interesting since they're also using the same type of quarter material as Big B's.

Sounds like it'll be a lot deeper than a Supreme fit

Like other Graf skates, it'll be intended for a certain type of foot

like a Cadillac it may not be the best looking out there, but it sure feels good...

I disagree, I really love the plain skates with the bright G on them. I don't need all the flashy crap. I wish my X60's were as plain and sharp looking as my 703's.

i fit 703's better than any other skate. the only problem is that i need a little more volume but the 735's are too wide for me though. the description of the new g3x says they will have a thinner felt tongue. do you think the thinner tongue would give a noticeable amount of extra volume? (no graf dealers in my area)

I'd try the 735's but go with the narrow sizing. That might do the trick.

i tried g35x narrow but they were too wide at the forefoot. i use 703 narrow right now.

I'm not a great fan of the look of the G75, but it will definitely be on my radar when it comes out. The fit sounds perfect for me! Quite excited for their release actually.

I tried on the G75 today. Super comfortable. Not as deep as the total one and it is pretty low cut. Weight feels pretty good.

My LHS has them on hold for me so I can try them one when they have more time. They were about to close.

I really liked them. Graf always had really narrow toe caps that never fit me but these are perfect.

Never skated in Grafs so I am a little scared to drop the cash on them

Yes toe box is wider then other Grafs I have tried. First Graf I can put on my foot comfortably. I usually have issues with toe box since I have a narrow heal and wide for foot.

They felt not as deep as my TO but could be due to the lower cut.

I will be getting them molder Thursday to see how the fit molded.

Never skated in Grafs so it is a big decision for me to change from Bauer.