Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vulcan7905

Adult Beginner League

There are a lot of refs that don't like doing low level games and take it out on the players. I hate working with those guys.

Well I guess that's why he's reffing Division 5 men's league and not the NHL ;)

Well I guess that's why he's reffing Division 5 men's league and not the NHL ;)

We have guys that do college and junior games, that also do beer league games. It's not their ability that is the problem.

There are a lot of refs that don't like doing low level games and take it out on the players. I hate working with those guys.

That's how it was with this younger ref. He didn't call anything and pretty much ignored us the whole game. The one ref we always have is always giving us pointers for face offs and just telling us Good Hustle and good play and what not. He is probably one of the best ref's for a beginner league because he is such an encouraging guy. He also plays in the Novice league on Sundays which I watched him play which I think also helps for a good ref honestly.

Also, what happened Optimus if you don't mind me asking.

So, brining this thread back from the dead and it's amazing to see how far I have come. I started playing Defense last year and now this year I started playing Center. Forward crossovers both ways, not to shabby. I have played in the Beginner -, Beginner +, D - and D + leagues. Also, Can do backwards cross overs one side. Man, what a 3 years difference makes!

Good for you. Glad to see how far you have progressed in such a short time. Being able to comfortably play many positions makes you an asset to your team. I've also found that the as you grow older the game can continue to be very enjoyable.