Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

Dominant hand at top or on shaft

Where is dominant hand and when did you start playing hockey?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I decided to start this to see if the article that I had read some years back on the statistics between age and which way one shoots still holds true.

I have more strength in my right hand but I have far more dexterity in my left from playing guitar for so many years as a kid. Neither side is really that dominant.

That said, I started playing as an adult and I play RH.

Sucks, i'm ambedexterious (sp?), so im not really sure which hand is stronger....I write lefty, but kick and throw righty. Im not sure if i'm even supposed to shoot right :/

I would be interested in seeing how many in each category are US born and raised or Canadian born and raised

But then I think we'd have to break up the US into traditional vs. non-traditional. It would get too complicated.

I have more strength in my right hand but I have far more dexterity in my left from playing guitar for so many years as a kid. Neither side is really that dominant.

That said, I started playing as an adult and I play RH.

So I guess your write with your left hand. The dominant hand is normally your writing hand.

Actually for wrist shots, the upper hand is at least as important as the lower hand, requiring that you both rotate your wrist and pull back at the same time. The lower hand actually works more as a moving fulcrum and assists in rotating the shaft.

Started when i was about 3, my dominant hand is on the bottom, and right now i only have a bottom hand from breaking my left wrist last year.