Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Equipment sale discussion

You just can't forecast sales; plain and simple. If you start putting a limit on what can be bought, the bigger the chance you're stuck with stock at the end of the sale. At this point it has to be expected that equipment sales are going to be a madhouse; the only thing you can do is control how many people are in the store at one particular moment.

I think, it can be done, although, with quite a bit of organization or logistical planning. Say, you buy, 3-4 items, the limit, pay, leave and if you so desire, go back in the queue to get back inside to buy more stuff...

Who determines the market price though? There are two markets, collectible and user...you won't get users buying at collectible prices and spare the superstars, the rest of the stuff isn't collectible material. It's too much work, they're going to want coas for gloves and whatnot.

But honestly, outside of the superstars, the collectible market is dead. Unless your an elite player, no one cares anymore. But even sometimes that's not the case. If there's 1,000 game used Sidney Crosby sticks out there then the market is going to be weak on them despite him being an elite player. For an item to be a collectible anymore, it has to be a real tri-fecta of aura surrounding it. Then you'll see collector prices being paid.

Not to pick on this store, but no one is paying $1,500 for beat up MA Fleury goalie pants. No one is buying those to hang in the rec room under glass and show off to their drinking buddies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARK-ANDRE-FLEURY-GAME-USED-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-2010-11-SET-ONE-GOALIE-PANTS-/110936472361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d4543b29

We just said the same thing.

However, we had a collector in Tampa who didn't care. He would come in and buy gobs of stuff - to the point that he would come in privately - and he never resold any of it. Really strange.

WE don't have a say - the Bruins really set those policies.

That's somewhat unfortunate, any disgruntled customers could end up feeling as though you were responsible. They usually aren't the type to stick around and get a full explanation though.

While you can't forecast anything you can definitely control what will happen. These teams usually have sales for their "FANS". They all say its a great way to give back to the fans that support them all season long. I don't really consider a guy walking out of a sale with three trash bags full of gear a "FAN".

As stated the easiest way to control what happens is to put a limit as to how many items each person can buy per entry. That way whether your 1st in line or 40th in line you all have a fair chance of getting something. Buy your limit of items then get back in line to do it all over again. These sales are honestly starting to make teams look bad because they'll have 100's of people in line and the first 10 or so in line fill up there bags and the other 100's of other people are left going home with nothing but a bad taste in their mouth from the sale. I stopped going to these sales 2 years ago because of this very reason. 5 years ago hardly anyone would care if a team was having a equipment sale, now its a blood bath!!

Went to the Flyers Skatezone today and snagged a few shells, a couple of helmets, and a laundry bag. They still have some stuff left, but the gloves are really beat up except for a pair of Grossman's EQs. The guy told me that dudes were camping out at 5am yesterday morning to get all the good stuff. I'm gonna check back in every day to see if the Flyers bring in anymore stuff to sell. I'm assuming that with roster cuts later in the week, some more gear will be available.

Went to the Flyers Skatezone today and snagged a few shells, a couple of helmets, and a laundry bag. They still have some stuff left, but the gloves are really beat up except for a pair of Grossman's EQs. The guy told me that dudes were camping out at 5am yesterday morning to get all the good stuff. I'm gonna check back in every day to see if the Flyers bring in anymore stuff to sell. I'm assuming that with roster cuts later in the week, some more gear will be available.

I went down there yesterday as well most of it was picked over. Had a pretty solid 20k skates of talbot. 7 3/4 D. Not too much use, Talbot still in 11ks so I assume he didn't like them so he threw them aside after a few skates.

Heading to Peoria Rivermen sale tomorrow since their making a trek with leftover equipment to my home town. Not a huge hockey market here, but the people that are interested will probably catch wind of it. I'm just hoping I can get my hands on a stick. The info I have says its new sticks: 1 for $50 2 for $75 and 3 for $100. The Rivermen already had a sale so they're probably pretty well picked over, still would like to see what's there though. Those prices are awesome.

Rivermen sale in the Crowne Plaza Hotel lot is pretty decent for anyone in the springfield area. Not many RHS but tons of lefties and other equipment. Just snagged two RBK 20ks for $80.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am curious if anyone here went to the Ducks or Kings "equipment sales" this past weekend.