Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Equipment sale discussion

the worst part of the canucks sale was a) the prices b) the products. i mean i got some old taped up 7k elbow pads for 65! even worse were the sticks, people were grabbing RS and bauer TO or apx but they had No clue that they were pro stock an repaints. some of the RS sticks were def se16s . n e ways, huge rip off. why buy a burrows warrior stick or glove for 200 when u can get it in stores for that much with warranty...

Some people do not buy equipment with the intention of ever using it. The Canucks tend to price their gear with "game used memorabilia" in mind.

Hello. I'm new to the forum and have noticed a lot of people are really knowledgeable on here. I was wondering if anyone had any info on the Kings equipment sale. I saw in an earlier post that Jake's got some stuff last year. Really looking for a few sticks and some gloves and, maybe, a new pair of skates. Thanks.

Haven't heard anything I'd call Jake.

http://jakeshockey.com

Went to Jake's today after the parade and rally. Just sticks and skates. Older stuff and still pretty pricey. I'll be around there a lot in early July so I'll be on the lookout. Thanks SirJW.

Talked to a clerk in the Avs store and asked about the equipment sale. He said that they were expecting to have a sale in the atrium this summer but that it wasn't going to be called an equipment sale this year, because the didn't really have any other equipment to put out except what was already in the store. For example, he specifically noted that they don't have any RH sticks left. In the store right now they have about a dozen pairs of gloves, two pairs of pants (one X:60 and one of Quincy's Eagles, I believe), and maybe 25 left-handed sticks. But mainly the sale would be for shirts, hats, etc.

Hockey Canada is having an Equipment Sale this Wednesday June 20th at Canada Olympic Park in Calgary. As far as I know there hasnt been an inventory or price list made available

Let me know if you have more details on this. Time, firm location.

Thx!

Let me know if you have more details on this. Time, firm location.

Thx!

Definitely. My girlfriend works there and they are having their staff retreat until Tuesday night. As far as I know they werent planning on making it too public. All shes really been able to pass onto me is that its Wednesday lol. Ive checked their site and asked other employees but no one is 100% sure on it

Thanks guys!!! I'll have to check it out.

Cash only is great, that way I can set a limit and only spend what I bring. LOL

Im taking $400 and fortunately get to be in either at 930 or 10 so Im hoping theres alot of gear. Apparently its half equipment half apparel but who knows.

heres a list of what they are selling (about 50% gear and 50% apparel) Couldnt get prices though

helmet

helmet with visor

gloves

shins

shoulders

pants

goalmask

jerseybags

sticks

t-shirt/golfshirt

sweater

tracksuit (full or split)

sweat pants

shoes

winterjackets

feature jackets (olympics, wjc, etc)

vests

underarmour

I'll say this now, and I'll likely change my mind in the morning when I see stuff, but I'm going to limit myself to hockey pants, maybe a tracksuit, and some new underarmour.

I probably won't get there much before 10 or 10:30, so hopefully it isn't too popular!

If you find out "where" by Rink A, let me know. I'm assuming it's in the area between Rink B and A on the player level...

I was told dressing room M1, which makes sense, but also the Hockey Canada dressing room, which would also make sense. I think that if your by the elevators by Rink B then you should be able to find your way. I was also told HC staff at 9, Winsport staff at 10, and Public at 11 but I just got off the phone with my gf who works for HC and all her info has been terrible haha (theyre on their staff retreat, and there hasnt been alot of sober moments to say the least)

haha no doubt. I work at breakaway so I can go in at 10, but with the gf working at HC shes getting my list and cash in the morning haha. Ill probably pick up some apparel like golf shirts and whatever else is there.

Im kindve bummed there isnt jerseys or game socks or anything like that.

I usually don't go for jerseys or socks - not a whole lot of interest for me. Protective makes my world go round. 1.5 hours until I can get in - I'm getting anxious.

Once you get a chance to take a look, maybe let me know if it's worth coming from the other side of the city.

Yeah Ive got my pic. Ill post it in the "Show it off" area. I got in at 10 and grabbed the last RH stick, prettty bummed about that. Also got the last of the Vap XXXX gloves. Lots of helmets and LOTS of apparel (which is what I kindve thought)

I noticed you didnt grab a lid. I grab one because I love the 4500s and one because it had a perfect visor on it. I had considered on my way out to grab a few more but stopped myself haha

I already have 5 helmets in my "collection" right now. I'm fairly picky when it comes to buckets and everything I saw didn't really fit all that well.

Wow I can't believe I didn't hear about the HC sale. I live like 10 min from winsport! Was there lots of protective (shoulder, shin, elbows)?

Wow I can't believe I didn't hear about the HC sale. I live like 10 min from winsport! Was there lots of protective (shoulder, shin, elbows)?

Nope. Mainly apparel/UnderArmour. There was lots of helmets and gloves though, but most gloves were 13". A few pairs of pants. Saw a couple pairs of REALLY old shoulders and shins that had seen better days, but no elbows.