Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nikita54A

Runner Length

I just bought 11K's size 7.5D from a guy who put TUUK holders on them and 272 mm Velocity runners, but from what I know 7.5D skates supposed to have 263 mm runners. So my question is: what is the real difference between 263 mm and 272 mm runners?Should I change the runners?

I played a game with the skates, and it did felt a little bit unusual in front and back part.

So my question is: what is the real difference between 263 mm and 272 mm runners?

About 9mm? Sorry couldnt resist.

The longer runners will restrict your turning, but give you more balance. If you dont like that, then the cheapest way to rectify the problem would to have someone reputable adjust the profile/radius of your runners to match that of 263mm steel.

About 9mm? Sorry couldnt resist.

The longer runners will restrict your turning, but give you more balance. If you dont like that, then the cheapest way to rectify the problem would to have someone reputable adjust the profile/radius of your runners to match that of 263mm steel.

lol.

The more steel on the ice the better the balance like Stuie said, Also I've heard a lot of the longer stride skates prefer more steel on the ice then shorter, quick stride player for the reason they dont do as much turning and quick quick cuts. It's really just boils down to personal preference.

agree with the responses above -- that's my understanding as well.

The difference isn't worth worrying about. Yeah, you can turn tighter with shorter blades, and you can skate faster with longer blades, but the difference on 1cm you won't notice. Honestly, your skate sharpener will probably fsck it up that much...

It's not a big deal. Think about it like you were inbetween skate sizes. Blades on the larger size would be about 1cm larger than the other...

I just bought 11K's size 7.5D from a guy who put TUUK holders on them and 272 mm Velocity runners, but from what I know 7.5D skates supposed to have 263 mm runners. So my question is: what is the real difference between 263 mm and 272 mm runners?Should I change the runners?

I played a game with the skates, and it did felt a little bit unusual in front and back part.

Look, no matter what size blade you have, you can always re-profile the blade from 9", 11", 13", or even 15" foot radius. Deffensive players will more often go for more blade on the ice therefore profiling at 13" or 15", yet forwards will take 11" because they are more up and down the ice. JR skates are always at 9". Dont change your runners just find a skate sharpener that knows what their doing and ask them to round off your edges a bit to bring you back to and 11" because Step Velocity runners come standart at 13".

You should have no problem with a 272 on a 7.5. IMO that is the best size for a 7.5. Most manufacturers put too small of a holder on their skates. I have 7-3/4 customs and I went with 272. I almost went 280, but I thought it might be overkill. Give it some time to adjust. As the other guys stated above, you can always profile them shorter radius if you feel the need.

I didnt want to open a new thread, so i am asking my question here. I own a size 9.5 Vapor 7.0 and i am looking for a slightly larger runner. I´m not 100 percent sure, but i think i should have 280mm right now, can somebody confirm that? anyway, i wanted to get some step steel in XL (like the 2.1 bauer runners). could i also get a longer runner or will 280mm be the maximum for my skates?

I didnt want to open a new thread, so i am asking my question here. I own a size 9.5 Vapor 7.0 and i am looking for a slightly larger runner. I´m not 100 percent sure, but i think i should have 280mm right now, can somebody confirm that? anyway, i wanted to get some step steel in XL (like the 2.1 bauer runners). could i also get a longer runner or will 280mm be the maximum for my skates?

i removed the runner and it says its 280mm. so would 288mm fit my runner as well?

Sorry, i actually wanted to edit my last post and not to quote it.