Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Easton Holiday Catalogue

We got to try the RS models today in Buffalo and also meet Taylor Hall. My son said the sticks were awesome, and he tried all the Warriors as well. He felt the Easton was comparable or better loading than his Total One. We was not crazy nor did he shoot as well with the Wariors.

Of course, I didn't get to try anything cause every time I retrieved the pucks, some little hockey punk stepped right in and got in the way! I was like, what! Where are your parents?

I wasn't a skater but I picked up the intermediate 65 flex and it "felt" much stiffer than I expected from flexing it off the ice. Obviously, to get a proper gauge I would really have needed to shoot with it so you can take it with a grain of salt. I have a warrior dolo and a tapered One95 both in 75 flexes and the 65 flex RS felt only slightly softer than that to me if at all.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, and I'm pretty sure this isn't in the catalog.

The RS will be thinner than other sticks at comparable flex points. It will also be wrapped an extra time in Kevlar(might just be bottom 1/3 like ST's). This allows for a much lighter stick that is still extremely durable. Senior RS is supposed to be 60 grams lighter than an S19. The extra Kevlar actually makes the stick feel stiffer than it's posted flex.

Heard all that from my LHS owner who got a RS from a rep.

It may also be the Easton is starting to make true flex sticks. What I mean by this is, the posted flex(100,85,75) isn't actually the flex of the stick. "85's" are actually 80's until you cut them down. This is all on the back of the shaft. This will cause an 85 RS to feel stiffer than an 85 S19 or EQ50. But this is just a theory.

It may also be the Easton is starting to make true flex sticks. What I mean by this is, the posted flex(100,85,75) isn't actually the flex of the stick. "85's" are actually 80's until you cut them down. This is all on the back of the shaft. This will cause an 85 RS to feel stiffer than an 85 S19 or EQ50. But this is just a theory.

Doesn't Easton already do this?

I wasn't a skater but I picked up the intermediate 65 flex and it "felt" much stiffer than I expected from flexing it off the ice. Obviously, to get a proper gauge I would really have needed to shoot with it so you can take it with a grain of salt. I have a warrior dolo and a tapered One95 both in 75 flexes and the 65 flex RS felt only slightly softer than that to me if at all.

I have a 65 flex S19 which feels really stiff, closer to 75, maybe even a little stiffer. Because of that I didn't use it much. I liked the feel, but I could load and shoot so much better with my totalone so there was no way I was going back to the S19. Really hoping the RS will feel a little whippier than the S19...

The 65S sounds like Easton's answer to Warrior's Dagger taper.

TOTALLY what I was thinking.

Well if your going to steal from a stick Widow is a good place to steel from.

We have something planned for this down the road and would like to hear your comments as to why you are interested in this.

Well for me, i dont always have the need for top of the line stick. as much as i would love to justify the purchases of some models. it just isnt always in the budget. getting that mid level of good feel/durability in that price range of 120-150$ is good enough for me usually. Sometimes its easier for me to buy two sticks at 120 a piece than one at 250. Not to mention you guys always seem to make great sticks in that range for me to use.

Well for me, i dont always have the need for top of the line stick. as much as i would love to justify the purchases of some models. it just isnt always in the budget. getting that mid level of good feel/durability in that price range of 120-150$ is good enough for me usually. Sometimes its easier for me to buy two sticks at 120 a piece than one at 250. Not to mention you guys always seem to make great sticks in that range for me to use.

Maybe it's just my particular budget, but I also fall into this category. There sure seems like there should be a lot of room between a $100 stick and a $230 stick.

I guess I view a $100 stick as a baseline stick, and the $230 is the everything stick. I'm looking for that stick in between, to see what top line features this manufacturer thinks are really worthwhile. Let's see what value they can put in a $130-170 stick, and I save enough for a decent pair of gloves.

And as I said earlier, as illogical as it may be, I really do NOT want to be identified as having the top of the line stick. That's not a plus for me; it's a minus.

Anyway, I assume RS stands for Rist Shooter.

As stated earlier... its an initial launch. Rest of the line (including 75 flex RS) will be coming out later.

He/she asked for comments.

And as I said earlier, as illogical as it may be, I really do NOT want to be identified as having the top of the line stick. That's not a plus for me; it's a minus.

also being a minus when you snap a 250$ stick. that you cant just always up and replace. when i broke my totalone, i went to an S14. which was an awesome stick for the price i loved it. but the durability ive seen on it sucked. if they could harness something like that again, with durability a non issue. id be set for a few years probably. I have a habit of finding one stick model and staying with it for a long period of time.

Stupid question: What is "Pro shaft dimension"?

Based on what's been talked about on here from those that saw it, it is a slightly larger, more squared-off shaft shape.

TOTALLY what I was thinking.

Well if your going to steal from a stick Widow is a good place to steel from.

Really? Just because it has a ultra-thin taper it's a Widow clone?

:rolleyes:

Really? Just because it has a ultra-thin taper it's a Widow clone?

:rolleyes:

Probably wishful thinking. I would love it if Widow and Easton made a baby...

Imagine the Widow and the SE 16 having a baby... Grip, 75 flex, Stealth paint job... :popcorn:

Probably wishful thinking. I would love it if Widow and Easton made a baby...

Imagine the Widow and the SE 16 having a baby... Grip, 75 flex, Stealth paint job... :popcorn:

Your "wishes" spreads rumors and confuses people on product...