Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

2011 Easton Holiday Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/116-2011-easton-holiday-catalogue/

Short and sweet - Easton will be offering two products available in Q4 - the Stealth RS and Stealth 65S.

The RS replaces the Stealth S19 - first thing you notice is the, to put it in one word, stealth paint job. Matte black finish with yellow accents. The shaft is squarer than previous iterations of Stealth sticks. The Elliptical taper is still present on the stick, albeit shorter than the S19, giving it a lower kickpoint. The blade has also been tweaked some - stronger core and reinforced ribs internally. The toe and heel have also been improved. The initial reviews from those who participated at SummerJam were glowing.

The 65S loses the Elliptical taper. I haven't seen it yet.

Note - Zetterberg curve is now Cammalleri.

I know I put this in the last Easton catalog a couple days ago but I figured I would try again because I'm still curious. What's the future of the P2 Shanahan pattern? Will it still be available on OPS's and will it eventually make it's way to replacement blades?

No 75 flex and a lack of patterns for Intermediate and 65S, guess myself and a bunch of other people will not be getting an RS. I still can't see how a company does not expand their options especially when the competition (Bauer and Warrior) are going at great lengths to offer the consumer more options.

I think that when you're offering retail patterns then you have to stick with what works. The last thing a company wants is dealers telling them they got stuck with umpteen of pattern XX because consumers didn't buy it. Bauer and Warrior can expand because they are making the niche patterns essentially to order and don't have them sitting around taking up inventory space.

It is the launch of the stick. Not the full-line. Wont surprise me to see 75 offered next spring.

Warrior did the same thing... no 75 available in the widow until this fall. It saves the company $$$, and honestly, only pisses off a highly small portion of people out there. 3 years ago you couldn't get a 75 to save your life, and since it isn't available on launch, you're complaining. Atleast its something they'll more then likely offer.

For us atleast, for every 20 sticks sold, 12 are 85, 7 are 100, and 1 is 75 flex. And we have a decent selection of 75s, so its not like people are buying the 85 b/c we don't have it in 75... Its a niche market, kind of like 110 flex sticks. You don't sell too many of them.

Not crazy about the different color schemes on the forehand and backhand sides of the stick on the 65S.

I like it. I actually really like the way the RS looks, but I'm wary of buying a stick that looks that good and screams "I'm way too good for the player holding me!!!" The 65S looks like a more basic Easton graphics set, with the addition of different sides.

EDIT: But no Parise curve for the 65S.

Good to see more offerings in what appears to be a growing $100 price range market. The quality/popularity of the X:40, 6K, SE6 and S7 come to mind; and the 65S should be no different.

I wish they would have had a stick in between the two. like higher end feature but different materials i.e.- bauer x50, easton s15. type of stick. but im sure you're either going the top of the line route or middle of the road

That's why I don't really like that in-between pricepoint of mid and high. IMO a customer is more likely to get top of the line or older top of the line with that money ($150+) or would rather get decent performance from a mid range product.

Bauer and Warrior can expand because they are making the niche patterns essentially to order and don't have them sitting around taking up inventory space.

And even with that Bauer has scaled back on their pattern offerings from when they first launched the ID program. Of course the pattern that I use/like was dropped.

No 75 flexes? WEIRD

Also the grip and non grip have the same paint job... also weird! I wish the RS was red instead of yellow, what a great looking stick!

I wasn't a skater but I picked up the intermediate 65 flex and it "felt" much stiffer than I expected from flexing it off the ice. Obviously, to get a proper gauge I would really have needed to shoot with it so you can take it with a grain of salt. I have a warrior dolo and a tapered One95 both in 75 flexes and the 65 flex RS felt only slightly softer than that to me if at all.

I wish they would have had a stick in between the two. like higher end feature but different materials i.e.- bauer x50, easton s15. type of stick. but im sure you're either going the top of the line route or middle of the road

We have something planned for this down the road and would like to hear your comments as to why you are interested in this.

I wasn't a skater but I picked up the intermediate 65 flex and it "felt" much stiffer than I expected from flexing it off the ice. Obviously, to get a proper gauge I would really have needed to shoot with it so you can take it with a grain of salt. I have a warrior dolo and a tapered One95 both in 75 flexes and the 65 flex RS felt only slightly softer than that to me if at all.

The 75 Flex sticks will be coming out in January.