Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vrsixin

Bauer APX stick anyone tried one

i actually found the opposite. my t1 feels lighter than my x60. not sure if it has anything to do with the difference in curves though. t1 has p14 and the x60 has p92, but the difference is noticeable.

'

I bet it is actual blade weight. I would assume the extra material of the p92 vs p14 would create a slightly more blade heavy feel. I know this seems a bit much, but any weight added that far out form the hands would be noticeable in my mind.

i actually found the opposite. my t1 feels lighter than my x60. not sure if it has anything to do with the difference in curves though. t1 has p14 and the x60 has p92, but the difference is noticeable.

The TotalONE & X60 sticks weight about the same...~430 grams, +/-5 grams depending on the curve.

I used to be the same way until I tried my an APX in the 87 flex. I had normally been using TotalOne's in the 102 flex, but pretty happy with going to the softer flex on the APX.

I have an APX in an 87 flex but I think it's too stiff. Wondering if I should get it in an 77 or 82 flex? Been reading the posts saying it plays stiffer than the TotalOne. Usually play with a TotalOne at an 87 flex. Used to play with the TotalOne at a 77 flex and loved it, but after a couple months the shaft would start cracking right in the middle, so that was no good. This happened on two separate sticks (as well as the previous one95s), so I decided to move up in flex so I wouldn't be buying a new stick all the time. Then they came out with the 82 flex so I might have to try that as well, but I digress... Back to the APX, 77 or 82 flex? Thanks for the input.

Also, I cut the stick down 4 inches. I'm 6', 200lbs.

I have an APX in an 87 flex but I think it's too stiff. Wondering if I should get it in an 77 or 82 flex? Been reading the posts saying it plays stiffer than the TotalOne. Usually play with a TotalOne at an 87 flex. Used to play with the TotalOne at a 77 flex and loved it, but after a couple months the shaft would start cracking right in the middle, so that was no good. This happened on two separate sticks (as well as the previous one95s), so I decided to move up in flex so I wouldn't be buying a new stick all the time. Then they came out with the 82 flex so I might have to try that as well, but I digress... Back to the APX, 77 or 82 flex? Thanks for the input.

Also, I cut the stick down 4 inches. I'm 6', 200lbs.

It depends if you want to go through the customization and waiting process of MyBauer. 82 flex is only available in customs and pro stock. 77 flexes are available at the retail level and should be pretty easy to obtain.

It depends if you want to go through the customization and waiting process of MyBauer. 82 flex is only available in customs and pro stock. 77 flexes are available at the retail level and should be pretty easy to obtain.

I use the P89 pattern, so I go through myBauer anyways, so no big deal

I use the P89 pattern, so I go through myBauer anyways, so no big deal

Ahh, nice. Well I have played with both the T1 and the APX but I don't own either and it was a gap between using them. I would wait for someone who has a better opinion. I will say this though, I would rather have a stick that is somewhat too whippy than somewhat too stiff.

I got to try an APX in 82 flex a couple weeks back. The stick was uncut and not extended which is how I use my stick. The curve was a P92 which I have used in the past. I will say this; 82 flex is perfect in the APX!!! The little extra whip felt perfect to me and for my game. I'm a snapshot/wrist shop guy so with the lighter flex the stick loaded just a little bit easier and that translated to velocity on my shots.

I currenty switch off between apx and warrior widows. i love both. they are great for quick snapshots and wristers. i also have tried the total one and i believe that i can stick handle better and quicker with the apx bc of the rounded shaft

I got to try an APX in 82 flex a couple weeks back. The stick was uncut and not extended which is how I use my stick. The curve was a P92 which I have used in the past. I will say this; 82 flex is perfect in the APX!!! The little extra whip felt perfect to me and for my game. I'm a snapshot/wrist shop guy so with the lighter flex the stick loaded just a little bit easier and that translated to velocity on my shots.

What's your aprox height/weight? I have an 87 APX, cut down about an inch.Always wondered if I could play withnsomething wippier.

I'm 5' 9" and 220 lbs. I don't take a tone of ice on my shots and seldom take a big wind-up. I found the 82 flex to be just about perfect in the APX.

I'm 5' 11" and 185. I used to use an Easton ST 85 flex and went to the APX in a 77 flex. I cut a few inches off and so I'm likely somewhere in 85-90 range. LOVE this stick. I don't naturally have a big shot but it has improved noticably with the stick change. I really like the feel handling and shooting.