Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vrsixin

Bauer APX stick anyone tried one

Feel from stick handling and receiving passes is better than the TO. Shoot is really that much better. IMHO its truly a snap/wrist shot stick. Of course Im hitting the crossbar pipe elbow with my slap shots.

I retired one of my TO's and havent used my second one since I got the APX. I have used the other brands, widow, RS, Ai9, and with my contacts from an NHL team I am waiting for the lone lefty APX user to not like a twig as I dont want the other ones its not even worth the tape IMHO

On a whim I decided to pick up a 87-flex P92 right-handed stick. Coming from the TO that I've used for the past 6 months I was really pleased with the feel of the blade. A huge improvement over the poor ceramic feeling of the x:60. I've only had the stick long enough to use it twice, but it's been great so far with wrist and snap shots. I have yet to take any big slappers so the verdict is still out, but knowing that I don't shot many of these this might be the stick that causes my TO's to gather a little dust in the closet.

My total one bit the dust! So I bought a p92 grip 102 flex. It feels like a 112 flex total one to me as far as flex goes. The puck feel is much better to me and it takes hard passes easier also. I had two assists and a goal from the blue line last night. The goal was a slap shot on the power play. I wound up from the left side goalie saw it the whole way. Hit him in the glove and spun his hand back and over throwing the puck into the net. He said I just flat out over powered him and he thinks I sprained his wrist. Needles to say wicked slap shots! But you really have to work for them unlike the Total One. Snap shots and wrist shots are amazingly quick! I really like this stick!

had APX for a little over 2 weeks and my personal experience is very similar to the 2 posts above

Coming of One95 (had it for 2 years) my expectations especially for the puck feel were quite high, and APX met and possibly excided all of them

the flex profile is obviously different and took a bit of time getting used to, but this stick fires rockets and the puck feel is very nice, I like it even better then One95 and of course miles ahead of the pingy ceramic feel of xxxx/x60.

APX is unreal. LOVE it. Coming from Easton sticks and s19 last, never would have thought I'd be switching over but for APX I have. I have 102 , and love the stiffer feel then my 100 flex s19! Shots are solid, including slapshots which I use to shy away from my s19. Def my twig from now on! Bauer's making big improvements on their gear!

Yeah it really just makes anything else a distant second place for fun stick. If you arent a shooter, more of a stay at home D. I can see the TO in a 95+ flex working for you but if you like to shoot from D or O the APX is really a great stick. The p14 curve is satanic.

Vent- I have 2 brand new pro stock Olli Jokinen APX sitting in the house, but Im not allowed to use them, he signed both with notes to my punk kids, after hearing the reviews I am itching to sneak them out.

I think this stick with the p92 is pretty awesome shooting from high slot and point for me. Even for a stay at home D. Quick handling and then a hard stretch pass! Makes that a breeze over the total one. WIth this stick though I think the correct flex is key. Screwed if you go to stiff. It is less forgiving than a total one in that aspect. I can't be lazy with this stick. Feels like a stiffer, maybe just more stable blade through the flex. I hope this makes half the sense it does to me!

I second the "screwed if you go to stiff" comment. I went from a 102 flex on the TO's down to 87 on the APX. I finally feel like I can get the stick to do more of the work when trying to shoot wrist and snap shots. I don't think I'd like the APX if I had bought the 102 flex.

So if I use a 77 flex TO I would be unwise to buy a 77 APX?? Dang, AND they didn't offer a 75 flex intermediate....... Sounds like a expensive gamble, either too stiff with a 77 or too soft with a 67 Int.

So if I use a 77 flex TO I would be unwise to buy a 77 APX?? Dang, AND they didn't offer a 75 flex intermediate....... Sounds like a expensive gamble, either too stiff with a 77 or too soft with a 67 Int.

How much do you cut bauer sticks?

im on my second one after a warranty claim. 20 days old on my first 102 flex. I replaced it with a 112 as they didnt have 102 in a toews curve. Love this stick and it will be my stick for the year. every shot is an absolute bomb. I love slap shots but do still take alot of snaps and wristers. The facted that I can bomb all three makes this stick a keeper. I find the offerings from Eastons low kick sticks are terrible for slap shots, and I also found the AI9 to be very laggy and whippy. APX is the shat!

im on my second one after a warranty claim. 20 days old on my first 102 flex. I replaced it with a 112 as they didnt have 102 in a toews curve. Love this stick and it will be my stick for the year. every shot is an absolute bomb. I love slap shots but do still take alot of snaps and wristers. The facted that I can bomb all three makes this stick a keeper. I find the offerings from Eastons low kick sticks are terrible for slap shots, and I also found the AI9 to be very laggy and whippy. APX is the shat!

Where did it it break and was it an unavoidable break? As in any stick would have broken due to stressor.

Couldn't agree with you more. I've been an Easton guy my ENTIRE life. Been using the S19 my last 2 sticks, and found it insanely whippy, too whippy for my liking actually. I was using 100flex, and would shy away from one timers because it would simply flex to much on me and I'd end up shooting wide or something. With the APX now, I can finally get some good solid slap shots off, and one timers. Not sure if my wrist and snapshots have slowed down a bit, but I'd rather have comfort of an all around stick. I am still getting use to it, but everything's there for me, puck feel, passing, shots in all categories. Bauer really nailed it on this one! They keep impressing me more and more with every new release. Thumbs up Bauer!

It broke mid way point on a slap shot. Most of my sticks break there as I do take alot of slap shots. I did notice the game before it wasnt performing the same so I kind of figured it was coming. Honestly dont know if it was my shots or if it happened to take a slash or puck or something. i will know for sure if the 112 that I have lasts or breaks if there is a durability issue or not.

Exactly, the fact that the stick performs 9/10 on all shots and has great feel makes it a win against the new top line sticks from easton and reebok. I have all three and the stealth and ai9 are collecting dust now.

If you want solid shots in any situation this stick is it.

I wonder if it has to do with height. I have to put a 2 inch plug in mine. I have read some statements that make it seems like the kick point is too high on the total one for guys that have to cut down the stick.

you make a great point sky...I messed around with it regular and liked it much better before I cut it but that is not how i play. I think you are really on to it there. Which is why i like my APX so much better