Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

napsy

Tell me about Mission Flyweight shafts...

I thought the same thing and tried in vain to find his email contact on the epinions site. Too bad.

I think there were a couple of things that hurt the initial sales of the Flyweight. First, the Mission name still wasn't very accepted in the ice world. Second, the composite blades were somewhat heavy and there weren't a lot around. It was hard to find the pattern you wanted or even any of the blades period. Another thing to look at is who were the Mission equipment users at the time. It was a younger demographic that was using Mission and they probably just didn't have the cash to drop on them at the time.

These ones are the 10-7 flex, which I guess is around a regular flex according to the flex chart on this site.  I have to go back and check 'em out a little more, but I figure if I don't like the shafts I can always sell them.

Where can I find wood tapered short-hosel blades?  Otherwise I can use something like the Mission L-2 replacement blades, right?

Off the top of my head, the TPS R2 and Bauer 7500 are the only short-hosel tapered wood blades still being produced. Mission used to make some a while back. All composite tapered blades will fit into the flyweight, including the L-2. Most of the companies have a tapered blade in their line now so it shouldn't be a problem finding blades (composite ones that is).

One more is coming...

Christian is already making them. Picked one up a couple weeks ago to try out.

I was able to get two shafts in the 10-7 flex on Monday night. One was the meta shape, one was the biogirth shape. The store that was selling them had two other Flyweights, both biogirth shaped (I think) but the flexes were 12-9 and I didn't want something that stiff.

I can't tell if the shafts were intented for the retail market or not. They all had stickers on them offering $10 off an Ether blade and the shafts are regular 53" length. However, the 12-9 flexes had a flex of 7 marked on the very bottom of the shaft yet the shaft was labeled as a 12-9.

I dunno. Anyway, I picked up an Easton synthesis blade and I'll get a chance to try the stick out tomorrow morning.

Let's just put it this way - a lot of people suggested it. I guess they listened to you guys.

Could it be a certain wood products company in Sherbrooke? ;)

Let's just put it this way - a lot of people suggested it.  I guess they listened to you guys.

No...gotta look out West...

Okay, I'll stop now.

I got the shafts in Chicago, at the Chicago Blackhawks' store downtown. They had a ton of shafts they were selling - lots of Louisville Kevlars, Kohos, Nikes, and Vics. They had a bunch of pro-stock OPSs as well, but almost all were leftys.

The prices there are pretty cheap, provided you can find something you like - $40 for shafts, $100 for OPS.

Let's just put it this way - a lot of people suggested it.  I guess they listened to you guys.

No...gotta look out West...

Okay, I'll stop now.

I'm gonna guess Mission.

NOpE!

And the plot ThickenS...

Don't tell me Easton is going to a true wood blade for the Synthesis and scrapping those awful hybrid things.

Okay. I won't.

LOL

Best watch that smart mouth, mister, I'll be in FLA later this week.

:rolleyes:

Lauderdale for a few days and somewhere on the west coast for a couple days. Somewhere close to where the Everblades play. We'll be taking in a game which should be fun since the Everblades are a Lockmonsters affiliate and we have season tix to them.