Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bruins89

CCM making a comeback?

Please - we will discuss the skate IN DETAIL on 3/1.

Looking forward to it. CCM is fighting an uphill battle and has been for some time.

Heard last night that, thanks to the popularity of the RBZ, CCM sticks are supposedly tied for first in the NHL with Bauer. However, not sure if that is CCM stand-alone or Reebok-CCM.

Believe that stat is CCM and Reebok combined.

So its march the 1st, or atleast in my time zone.. So do we have the green light to start talking about the new gear?

When the mods talk about it then we can. I'm sure they'll post something.

I realize you're new here, but yes, I have meetings and/or conference calls with product managers from each manufacturer in which we discuss new product. Our relationships with these companies enable us to get the info out, instead of rumors and unauthorized leaks.

They also have marketing campaigns in mind. So while I talked to Reebok/CCM in December, their marketing campaign kicked off this week with players in the new skate, and we agreed to release the catalogue/review on March 1. You'll see it tomorrow.

It will be here - http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/forum/126-2013-product-catalogue-reviews/

So its march the 1st, or atleast in my time zone.. So do we have the green light to start talking about the new gear?

CCM is really trending in the correct direction, I know i recently switched over to their helmet and elbows and I love them. Think the RBZ may be my next skate.

I've been using the Fit 09 shoulder pads, I'm actually looking for a set of the U+ Pros or if I can't find those I might just end up with some CL's. .I've tried a handful of shoulders in the last year and I keep coming back to the CCM's, they 're just solid in terms of weight and mobility. I would also say they pass the protective portion, I took a full speed shoulder on shoulder impact in the 09's and came out a little sore but the shoulder was all intact, it appears the pad took most of the impact which is what it's suppose to do (not to say other pads wouldn't have protected me equally as well).

Little if topic, but... How does putting an LS2 on other boots cause then to feel on the ice/will it feel like a Bauer height and pitch wise?

I am interested in the RBZ after hearing they are more generous on wide and flat feet with high volume than Supreme. One worry has been a matter of adjusting to a different pitch/holder... I've been in my two pairs of Total Ones the past the seasons, my longest run yet.

I wrote about this before but here goes.

I had been skating in Custom + for most of my life. A few years ago I got a pair of Graf w/ Cobra and it took me about three laps to get used to them. In fact my skating felt better than ever. Flash forward about 10 months I went back to Bauer but w/ LS2. Again it took a few laps and I felt fine. I'm pretty picky but not Pro, skates everyday picky. YMMV.

Also one of the more experienced posters here just mentioned in the new Easton Skate thread that the main reason you see most Pro's w/ LS2 is because it's easier for the EQM to manage.

Along with the half dozen hawks using the CL shoulder pads it appears now a handful have also given up the Jofa elbows for the CL elbows including Toews & Hossa....however those two do not wear the CL shoulders, Toews is still in his U+ Pro's and my buddy who was in their locker room recently couldn't tell me what Hoss had in his stall but he said they were old.

CCM has captured my attention and my wallet. I've never been a big CCM fan since I had Tacks roller hockey skates back around 1996 (they were awesome at the time and had a quick release chassis, if anyone remembers that). I've been using Reebok pants and shins, with Warrior gloves. Nothing wrong with that setup. But I've been so impressed with the CL gear that I bought all new CL pants, shins, and gloves. I'm just very impressed with the lightness and mobility of the line. I also bought CL skates to replace some Reebok skates that were crushing my right foot about a week ago.

Just to add a correction, I was incorrect on the Hossa & Toews thing, from what I've been told they're actually using the U+ 12 elbows but they are wrapped to look like the CL's.

I know there is a 2014 catalog thread but I didn't see anyone mention when we should expect to see the RBZ protective line in stores?