Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notquitedeadyet

hockey bag help

My skate fell out of it's pouch & into a puddle; that was the last straw for my old Vic bag. I've been looking around & thought I decided on the CCM 1152, until I did a search on some other (now obscure) board. It seems ljack & others have had some problems w/ ccm's zippers, I was wondering if this bag has the same issues.

If so, is the Bauer Vapor 10 still the bag to get, or is there something better out now? Anyone got the Vapor 8?

Although I'm probabaly old enough to qualify for the 1152's wheels I dont necessarily need them yet, but I do want a larger size bag with lots of pockets/compartments.

Thanks for any help.

The new Mission bags look like they will be very nice but I don't think anyone has them yet. I've been fairly happy with my CMM 852 40" bag. It's huge, has nice skate pockets with a tape/misc pouch, and hasn't given me any trouble. I think they are on closeout for cheap at some of the larger etailers.

I really like my Itech Pro Team bag. I got it of Great SKate for like $50. It has 1 big compartment, with 4 or 5 separate pockets inside of the big one, plus is really big. I'd definately look at that.

Actually, that bag Kosy suggested looks very nice. So nice, I may even order one.

I love the Vap10 bag., The THG8 bag by Monkey is the same bag, however, it has external skate pockets.

The TPS IceBox bag is sweet too - we got them in the store - however, we got into trouble! They (rink mgmt) kinda don't want us to promote the cooler...

A kid I know was looking at it and he was like "Wow, that's a big bag. You could probably go to Mexico and smuggle in some Mexican in it." I was like "You sure can...about six of 'em..."

Guest phillyfan

I also have the CCm1152, have had no problems with the zippers as of yet, but it is bulky as hell. Barely fits in my trunk, marks the hell out of my walls going up and down the steps. But, if you have the room, it's a spacious bag with added security. Wheels are a bonus as well.

I really like my Itech Pro Team bag. I got it of Great SKate for like $50. It has 1 big compartment, with 4 or 5 separate pockets inside of the big one, plus is really big. I'd definately look at that.

I have that bag too, it's HUGE. I love it though, if I'm carrying some extra gear, I have plenty of room for it...

I picked up a Vapor 10 bag on eBay for like $47 I think a while ago. It's a great bag. Get that if you can find one at a good price or get the Vapor 8. I wish I would have gotten the 8 now because I don't like the inside skate pockets too much, but that's a personal preference I guess.

Guest 2048

I have the vapor 8 bag, it's great. No rips after about 6 months and it's freaking huge.

Wow, glad I asked. I hadn't considered the banging up the wall problem. & ljack, I was afraid that was the one you were talking about.

I'll check out that Itech, I think I saw that one somewhere, but I didn't realize it had pockets inside.

Ranger, do you think you could fit your shoulder pads in that vapor 8? I like that the 10 is more streamlined, but I don't want to wish I got something different. It also scares me that the 8 is only $35; sounds too good to be true. I found the 10 for $59. I'm leaning toward one of these.

I have had the Graf hockey bag for severl months now. I picked up the 42 inch one for $40, I can't remember where though. It has exterior skate compartments, and a seperate compartment on the end. Its very durable and quite large. All I seem to be able to find cyclone taylor has the 42" one, not at the price i paid though.

Any opinions on the Easton Ultra Lite Bag?

that's what i have. its a great bag for the price. good room (even for my giant sized crap) and enough extra pockets to get by. its held up really well for the last couple years even with a lot of abuse.

Wow, glad I asked. I hadn't considered the banging up the wall problem. & ljack, I was afraid that was the one you were talking about.

I'll check out that Itech, I think I saw that one somewhere, but I didn't realize it had pockets inside.

Ranger, do you think you could fit your shoulder pads in that vapor 8? I like that the 10 is more streamlined, but I don't want to wish I got something different. It also scares me that the 8 is only $35; sounds too good to be true. I found the 10 for $59. I'm leaning toward one of these.

Well I believe the 8 and the 10 are the same size, and I fit all of my stuff in the 10. I have huge pants too and need suspenders to hold them up... I feel like I hav more mobility with the big pants. Anyways, go with the 8 if it's that cheap. It's just that cheap because they're discontinued.

Does the 8 have the pocket sleeves?

You probably save space by having the skates on the outside. The 10 has internal skate pockets.

I dont think the 8 is discontinued...it's a SMU.

Guest phillyfan
Our team has the itech pro style bags with our logos on it. Its a real nice bag. No rips/tears for this whole year so far. B)

Yup, my other team has those bags, really nice. Have our logo on the side, and our name and number horizontally across on the top, holding up pretty well. I'lltry to find out the exact model name, I'd suggest this over the 1152.