Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tommyj214

Anyone have the New CCM U+ Shoulder/Pants?

i took a look at the Cl shoulder pads and they look fantastic but i am kind of iffy about the U-foam protection and especially the protection on the ribs and the back(not including the spine), unfortunately my LHS doesn't have the CS pads, honestly i don't really care about it being light weight as long as the pad isn't TOO heavy, what i look for is protection especially in the ribs, so can anybody trell me about the protection of the CS?

try to find the u+ pros then they are on closeout at a lot of places. i own them and love them

The CL shoulders don't weigh much more than my SWD 5030s and are significantly more protective.

They are also about $160 more expensive, take your pick fellas.

I have the CL pants, shoulders and shins.

First impression is fantastic quality, and very little unnecessary padding. I weighed everything as well, and they are indeed lighter while providing equal of more protection. Have not done the water test, nor will I.

• CCM CL 16" Shins = 0.55kg each (vs 0.7kg for my Bauer 8000s)
  • CCM CL LRG shoulders = 0.7kg (vs 1.2kg for my CCM U+Pros)
  • CCM CL LRG Pants = 1.5kg (vs 1.65kg for Tackla 951 Advantages with some padding missing)

All the gear is fantastic frankly. And yes, the pants have suspender buttons. Feel free to ask questions.

thanks for the feedback. by any chance, did you get to compare them to the previous u+ pro's? if so, can you compare the bulkiness/mobility between the two?

thanks for the feedback. by any chance, did you get to compare them to the previous u+ pro's? if so, can you compare the bulkiness/mobility between the two?

i have the u+ pros right now, mobiity wise i'd say they are virtually identical both needing a short break in time, with the difference being that the CL is crazy light.\

try to find the u+ pros then they are on closeout at a lot of places. i own them and love them

i already have them, bought them from last year, but i want a spare set of shoulder pads which are different lol

I tried them on, those and the CL shins. They were, as advertised, very light, but the shoulder caps sat weird for me. Nowhere near as low profile as I thought they'd be.

I ended up getting the U+ Pros on discount, and those did fit the low profile fit I had in mind.

All in all, it was one of those scenarios where I was really glad I tried them on first, as I was really intrigued by them.

I've tried on all the CL protective - it's all very light, but I didn't find the shoulders as comfortable and mobile as my current Farrells or the new Projekts (the blue and grey ones) I tried on at Winterfest. The shins and elbows were both light and comfortable (although the forearm guard on the elbows is a little stiff compared to my white Projekts) and I'd consider both if I was in the market for new protective.

Stupid question but is there any reason not to cut off the collar bone protection on the shoulder pads. Would it make it like the ccm 05 fit or would it leave a bigger gap than normal there?

Stupid question but is there any reason not to cut off the collar bone protection on the shoulder pads. Would it make it like the ccm 05 fit or would it leave a bigger gap than normal there?

yeah, i hated the collarbone on the fit07 and higher series of shoulder pads so i went with the 05, can the newer pads have these removed somehow?

i tried them both, both have very little protection on the ribs. the thin foam is similar on both and isnt dense at all, i dont know why retailers claim that the cs is heavier because of a denser foam for more protection. that is not true, i woulndt want to take a shot or a spear on either.

on the other side they fit a bit smaller than the u+ and the v08 shoulders pads that i have ( i am a m in both and the cl and the cs felt a hair too small in the M the hair too big in L. the only good thing is that both are amazing light and the fit is unreal. most comfortable pad ever

The stuff on the X:60/TotalOne SPs are thin too, only thing is that they're...covered, so there wasn't a perception that they lacked protection. At least that's how I see it. The CL pads are 'raw' imo in that the foams are all there is. No nylon overlay or overlap.

Just saying that even though it may appear that the U Foam is insufficient, it really isn't if you compare it to the competition. I wasn't arguing your point...

I agree with your point on the Pros vs CLs. Have you seen the impact test video of someone dropping a bowling ball on the U Foam? It does appear to dissapate impact better.

Agreed at all points. I have a strong opinion that upper-end pads should follow CCM's lead. Get rid of all surface plastic and 'pointed' elbow pad shells. Go soft on everything, like with NHL-specs.

Here's the video. It's not significant and I don't think a bowling ball is the best tool to illustrate it, but nonetheless :

I bought the pants, shoulder pads and shin pads last week. I've skated with them 4x now and here's my thoughts:

Shoulder Pads - Absolutely love them. I barely even notice them when I am out on the ice. They are a little bulky for beer league hockey but they are so light so that makes up for it.

Shin Pads - To bulky for what I need and the savings in weight is neglicable compared to my old shin pads so I'm done with them. Great pro level shin pad though

Pants - Again, I absolutely love them but hate one thing. The front panel below the laces is very tight on me so my jock is pushing up against my body pretty hard and its twisting a little out there. I'm literally adjusting it every time I get out on the ice. Can anyone recommend a good low profile jock.

I tried the shoulder pads in the store, coming from the ccm fit 05 shoulder they seemed a little to bulky for beer league but I loved the ufoam! Put that ufoam on an 05 design and I would be in love. I did buy the CL shins and will report back when I get to try them on the ice. Love the direction ccm is going in.

I have the CL pants, shoulders and shins.

First impression is fantastic quality, and very little unnecessary padding. I weighed everything as well, and they are indeed lighter while providing equal of more protection. Have not done the water test, nor will I.

• CCM CL 16" Shins = 0.55kg each (vs 0.7kg for my Bauer 8000s)
  • CCM CL LRG shoulders = 0.7kg (vs 1.2kg for my CCM U+Pros)
  • CCM CL LRG Pants = 1.5kg (vs 1.65kg for Tackla 951 Advantages with some padding missing)

All the gear is fantastic frankly. And yes, the pants have suspender buttons. Feel free to ask questions.

do the pants have that annoying front flap like the previous CCM line, that folds over and at times gets in the way?

do the pants have that annoying front flap like the previous CCM line, that folds over and at times gets in the way?

That is the one thing I hate about my current U09's. I have to fold the flap inwards and down into the pants, b/c it bent forward so far.

A teammate just bought a pair of the shoulder pads, I checked them out and they are unbelievably light, but I wonder about the durability of the foam that holds most of the pad together. Any experts want to chime in?

Do the pants have the same material?