Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kklinder

Bergen County, New Jersey

Looking for some additional skaters for Thursday nights at Fritz Dietl. If you've never been there, it's a unique place (small, quirky), but this is one of my favorite - if not my favorite - skates, with a great bunch of guys. Let me know if you'd like to check it out or have any questions.

Details:

• Fritz Dietl’s, Westwood NJ 8:30-10:00pm Thursday’s
  • 4-on-4 hockey, two goalies, two lines per side
  • $25/skate – pay as you go (good value – covers the ice cost given 2 lines for 1.5 hours - with goalies, and no commitment)
  • Invite-only, pay-as-you-go – just respond to the email invite each week and you’re confirmed (unless too many have confirmed yet)

Fine print:

• No contact other than incidental bumping, body positioning and box-outs near the net – everyone wants to go to work in the morning and the walls are concrete at Dietl’s (behind and above the boards) – good players know the limits of a pond game and rarely do people screw up in this group.
  • Target is 16 skaters (2 lines of 4 skaters) but we will often skate 1 or 2 short, or 1 or 2 extra because we confirm up to 18 weekly to allow for the almost constant 1 or 2 last-minute bail-outs.
  • This is not a formal association and there is no commitment or liability involved on anybody’s part – this is just a bunch of guys who want to skate. A friend of mine , with me included and facilitates the ice time and goalie schedule, collection and payment. That said, part of his facilitation duties is to vote people off the island who don’t play like good sports.
  • Usually someone brings beer and chips for after the skate – participation optional.

Bender, PMd.

By the way, let me mention some of the things I like about this skate:

• A great compliment to skating on the big ice - develops decision making and puck handling since there's not much time to hold the puck
  • An awesome workout afforded by a quick pace and plenty of ice time - figure at least 40 minutes of ice time vs 1/2 that or less if playing a league game
  • Accommodates a nice range of skaters - no pros and no beginners, but just about everything in between fits well. We'll get former college players every now and again and some guys who are getting back into it after a long layoff. In my experience, this skate uniquely allows for a good range to mix well since the great skaters don't have room to dominate and the newer guys can get into the mix well. We average a solid mid-level player.
  • Always two goalies - only twice in the almost three years I've been skating with these guys (year-round) have there been only one goalie; both times were due to a last minute cancellation.
  • Great group of guys

Looking for some additional skaters for Thursday nights at Fritz Dietl. If you've never been there, it's a unique place (small, quirky), but this is one of my favorite - if not my favorite - skates, with a great bunch of guys. Let me know if you'd like to check it out or have any questions.

Details:

• Fritz Dietl’s, Westwood NJ 8:30-10:00pm Thursday’s
  • 4-on-4 hockey, two goalies, two lines per side
  • $25/skate – pay as you go (good value – covers the ice cost given 2 lines for 1.5 hours - with goalies, and no commitment)
  • Invite-only, pay-as-you-go – just respond to the email invite each week and you’re confirmed (unless too many have confirmed yet)
Fine print:
  • No contact other than incidental bumping, body positioning and box-outs near the net – everyone wants to go to work in the morning and the walls are concrete at Dietl’s (behind and above the boards) – good players know the limits of a pond game and rarely do people screw up in this group.
  • Target is 16 skaters (2 lines of 4 skaters) but we will often skate 1 or 2 short, or 1 or 2 extra because we confirm up to 18 weekly to allow for the almost constant 1 or 2 last-minute bail-outs.
  • This is not a formal association and there is no commitment or liability involved on anybody’s part – this is just a bunch of guys who want to skate. A friend of mine , with me included and facilitates the ice time and goalie schedule, collection and payment. That said, part of his facilitation duties is to vote people off the island who don’t play like good sports.
  • Usually someone brings beer and chips for after the skate – participation optional.

sooooo........ you still looking for players on Thursday nights? i see this thread is from 2012 so i thought i'd give it a shot...

I've been out of the game for some time, but want/need to get back on the ice. I took my boys to Fritz Dietl a month ago, and heard there were a few a pay as you play "leagues" running in this time slot. i talked (and left my email) with the Tuesday night crew who seemed inviting, but i have yet to hear back from them.

LMK,

GAB

GAB, Mackay in Englewood, Clary Anderson in Montclair and Floyd Hall at Montclair State University might have open hockey early week day mornings. I know you probably are at work but call all three to find out what the times are. Ask about Doug's skate at Clary.

GAB, Mackay in Englewood, Clary Anderson in Montclair and Floyd Hall at Montclair State University might have open hockey early week day mornings. I know you probably are at work but call all three to find out what the times are. Ask about Doug's skate at Clary.

Thanks DS50! i hear theres some pick up at Mackay on Saturday night i plan to look into. no pickup at Ice House huh? guess theres to many Tournys, clinics, HS & travel teams along with the leagues going on there :/ as an MSU grad the most i know about FH is having to park next to it and trek all the way up to the campus, but i see they have weekday morning pickup. and yes, i work, so thats not going to work. next stop, asking about Doug's skate at Clary. thanks for the info!