Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dsjunior1388

2012-2013 Gear Sightings

I guess nobody bought the 'white blade hides the puck' thing that they reminded us of very eight seconds with the Mako?

I thought the white was to help the stick blend in with the boards/ice, not really to hide the puck.

re: adds on jersey's

The only way this will work successfully is if it is a league wide add campaign not team by team. The rich teams already make more money with the local ad revenue and the small market teams can barely sell all of their board and television ads as it is right now.

Just saw a high school game where a kid was using one. It really looks good and is really noticeable from the stands. I obviously can't post a picture, but there were all kinds of other kids there wondering what kind of stick he was using. Looks like a good marketing move for Easton, lets just hope it plays as well as it looks.

I thought the white was to help the stick blend in with the boards/ice, not really to hide the puck.

my goalie buddy said same it blended with the boards but actually makes the puck easier to see.

Yeah, that was it. Either way, apparently it didn't wreak the havoc on goalies that they expected.

Is that Steven Stamkos on the right? This picture must have been taken last year, no snow/ice around yet so far this year.

Nope, just taken at Gary Roberts house in Toronto per his Twitter.

Yeah, that was it. Either way, apparently it didn't wreak the havoc on goalies that they expected.

It wasn't really the white blade that was supposed to throw goalies off... it was the shaft. Harder to predict the flex/load on a shot. Seemed to confuse a goalie friend of mine quite a bit lol.

Danny Briere trying out Grafs..

bilde.jpg

That was going to be my next glove, but the hockey monkey discount codes would not work on them ever. So I ended up buying the luxes instead. Too bad, I loved their seemless pointer and pinkie.

Do you guys know which page or who uses oggie grips?

StevieMission.jpg

Not a new sighting at all, but I was still very surprised to see it. Clearly a training camp shot, and Yzerman is wearing either a Mission Intake or an Itech HC95/100 or similar. Most likely Itech. I've never once seen him in anything other than his CCM until now.

Do you guys know which page or who uses oggie grips?

In the NHL, the only player I know of who uses Oggie grips is Shane Doan. There is a picture somewhere on MSH that shows him in the penalty box where his grip is very apparent.

Not a new sighting at all, but I was still very surprised to see it. Clearly a training camp shot, and Yzerman is wearing either a Mission Intake or an Itech HC95/100 or similar. Most likely Itech. I've never once seen him in anything other than his CCM until now.

Yeah - HC95, notice his and Fedorov don't have helmet stickers, and Lidstrom is wearing his Easton reverse-engineered Bauer 2000s (he had told me that they were doing that for him, he was never in one of their boots until the original SyNergy.

In the NHL, the only player I know of who uses Oggie grips is Shane Doan. There is a picture somewhere on MSH that shows him in the penalty box where his grip is very apparent.

I thought he stopped using it. I remember seeing an article that was posted after he got his first hat trick. It mentioned that he did a few things different and one of them was that he didn't use his Oggie grip

Edit: here's the article: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=610663

He changed his pregame route to Jobing.com Arena and his entire pregame routine. At the urging of equipment managers Stan Wilson and Tony Silva, he changed the unique, curved knob of his stick – a constant source of ribbing from teammate – and went back to a more standard knob.

So I don't if that means that he didn't use an Oggie or a different one.

Yeah, that wouldn't be training camp.

Some kind of charity game? Looks like Chelios has USA mitts on and Fedorov white based gloves.