Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty22

AHL player boarded, suffers seizure.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/minor-league-hockey-player-seizure-031436018--nhl.html;_ylt=AqrdJKjvLDnnYbmQVglybMl7vLYF;_ylu=X3oDMTRtNzk4amsyBG1pdANMSVNUUyBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IE5ITCBIZWFkbGluZXMEcGtnAzUxNGZkMjhhLTBlYmEtMzFiNS04ZDM3LTMyNmRhNjNiZTM0MARwb3MDNwRzZWMDTWVkaWFCTGlzdE1peGVkTFBDQVRlbXAEdmVyAzRmOTY5MzcwLTc5N2MtMTFlMi1iYmVmLThmNGIwMTM4YTc1NA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFoYWo1YzR1BGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANuaGwEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3

I was at this game with my son, sitting about 30 feet from where this happened. Scary stuff. From after absobing the hit Macleod took a coupls strides to the bench and fell to the ice, his whole body shaking uncontrolably. It was one of the worst things I've ever seen at a game. His poor mother was at the glass trying to figure out what was going on. According to a press release he is awake and doing ok in the hospital, awaiting further testing. Game was called with just under 4 minutes to go in the second. From what I understand the team travled to the hospital right after the game was called.

Wonder if there was an underlying issue there, the hit doesn't seem to be very violent at all. We have seen worse.

On another note, I love how someone actually ran to the locker room to get the guy's skate guards before he was carted off the ice...

Wonder if there was an underlying issue there, the hit doesn't seem to be very violent at all. We have seen worse.

On another note, I love how someone actually ran to the locker room to get the guy's skate guards before he was carted off the ice...

Well if if it was an epileptic seizure then if by any chance he had another those could seriously injure some one. One of the ones I had was on a plane at 10000 feet. They had to go out to the ocean dump the fuel to land and all I did was break a guys nose in the next seat, Can you imagine a poor paramedic getting hit with a flailing skate...

I can sure feel for the guy. I have had 7 major Grand Mal seizures. Good to hear its a mass and hopefully operable.

Just watched it a couple more times...very scary.....he is a lucky guy!