Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dddatsyuk--48

black beauty

I took my son up to Michigan and we both were custom fitted for a Black Beauty stick and blades. We had the owner use the Lie-Detector as he put us on a platform. Even had my son put on his skates to be certain.

I was even pumped because the Junior Shaft, which was flexible, took Adult blades which gave my son more options and bigger blade which I like.

Shaft is just normal. No advantage and no disadvantage. Good, solid blue collar shaft. Ended up putting some Focus Flex's in both shafts and they are fine.

The reason we ended up getting rid of the Black Beauty blades was the non-versatility. You see, you are custom fitted in the proper position for skating straight ahead with the puck in front of you, legs properly bent. Sounds great, BUT...the blade is SO FLAT and long, that pulling the puck in or a toe drag, or stickhandling extra tight in traffic or extending the blade far out for catching passes, etc; this seemed to really be a liability. With the Eastons or similar curves like Sakic's or Modano's, the rounder bottom makes it pretty good all the time. The Black Beauty made the puck contact EXCELLENT...but only when the puck is directly in front of you and you are skating straight ahead with no pressure.

We both preferred getting back to normal, more rounded blade bottoms.

And MAN, did we want to like these things. All the kids at the rink and even the big kids, thought they were beautiful and we were stoked as they were 'Custom" for us. I've never wanted something to work so bad. But in the end, performance still comes before the style points.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to defend my feelings; especially when they weren't very favorable.

Peace.

Here's a topic I started a few months ago, might contain some useful info about the brand but overall, I don't think too many MSH members have experience with this brand.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?sh...hl=black+beauty

Wow, the "Lie Detector" looks awesome. I've always just gone by the best feel and where the wear on the blade is to determine lie, it would be nice to see if the lie i've been using for years is actually the true correct one for me. I'd buy a "Lie Detector" but I wouldn't want to spend the money since i'd only use it once.

Every pro shop should have one of these Lie Detectors to correctly fit someone for a stick/blade.

http://www.bbsticks.com/liedetector.htm

Go by how your stick wears, I'm not sold on the lie detector. Always go by experience not by what some gadget tells you you should use.

Accord - I have a bridge I'd like to sell ya...

It's a gauge that accurately tells you what your lie is, I don't see where the problem is.

they guy above already commented on the flaws. The owner is the coach of the HS team at my rink. The stick is a good idea for kids, but they are terrible for adults. The blade bends so much when you shoot, it makes the entier stick useless. Again, these blades are only useful for kids. The shafts are decent enough.

They now sell a Jr. OPS. Its $70, and the kids are going nuts over them. Personally, i think they are garbage. But they sure do look cool... :blink: