Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poonie

alkali ca9 or mission ac1

Im looking to get back into inline hockey after been out for the last 9 years

Ive been looking around and so far I like the alkali ca9/ ca9 rpd or the mission ac1 or ac2

I do have a wide foot and the last skates I had had the 80mm wheel setup the hole way.

Just wondering what you would recommend and is there anywhere in Australia that I can get a set of alkali ca9 skates at all

I'm from Brisbane and was recently trying to make the same decision.

I decided on CA9 RPD, being a fan of pre Bauer Mission it's the logical successor to my Missions.
Was also disappointed after trying on the AC1s.

I have the AC1s and they are the best skates I have ever used.

They will be lighter and stiffer than the alkalis

The alkalis will be more heat moldable though and come with better wheels in the addictions.

It comes down to what fits your foot and what wheel set up you like best though.

I dont like the flat chassis on alkalis, I love the hi-lo chassis on missions though. That along with the stiffness and lightweight was the deciding factors for me.

I've been in nearly every top end Mission boot since the boss range came out. The ca9 / ca9 RPD, fit wise, beats them all hands down. it took me a week to adjust from the hi-lo setup, if you do adjust you will find it very hard to go back. The RPD is a stiff skate (I'm in ca9's), I know of various pro players in RPD's and they say they are as stiff as any other boot they have used (the exception being apxr's).

But the biggest factor I'd weigh in with is the warranty, after a year i had a problem with the boot and they were replaced under warranty. Try getting that level of service out of Mission......

I disagree with Kyle on stiffness. The RPD skate is as stiff as the AC1 (I actually think it is stiffer and will last longer). The fit is amazing on our skates and fully moldable. If you have any specific questions, feel free to contact me directly: justin@alkalihockey.com

Justin, I did not mean to make it sound as if the alkalis are an inferior product as I do not believe they are. I was simply weighing in on what I observed as someone who owns ac1s. I have not held the RPDs so I should have been more specific as to what alkali skates I was comparing them too. When comparing the ac1s to a ca9 skate, the ac1s were slightly stiffer and lighter weight.

As for your decision Poonie, If you liked the flat chassis you skated on in the past, I would go for the alkalis.

If you want to try a hi-lo chassis or if better air-flow and a slightly lighter weight skate is on the top of your priorities then I would go for the ac1s.

ok well alittle update, i couldnt wait so i went down the local hockey shop, didnt have much in stock in stock so i ended up with a set of mission t9 at a run out price

atm im not that happy with how the boot feels,

i like my skates done up nice and tight and with these it digs in on the side of the angle if i do the skates up one eye let down they feel too loose and like im going to snap my ankle.

there are a few reasons why i didnt end up with a set of the alkali ca9 skates,

# no one in australia stocks them, i would of liked to try them on and also get sized up properly,

# thought about ordering from hockey monkey but the time frame for stuff to turn up from the us, normally 21 to 28 days and i needed skates alot sooner then that

im hoping that there will be a alkali reseller in aus soon as i would like to try a set of ca9 skates on

I think once you have baked the t9s and broken them in a bit, you will be much happier with the fit. Get some waxed laces if you like your skates much tighter. Also if you have some spots that hurt look to get them punched out in the spots that are causing you pain.

On a side note Justin, I am extremely happy with the alkali products I have used (ca5 girdle and ca7 pants). Im looking forward to the new alkali girdles/other protective gear that you guys are coming out with.

Had the skates baked once when I got them. Definitely going to go the waxed laces.

If I was a 7 in the mission what size would you recommend in the alkali Justin

I wear the same size AC1 as I do the RPD. If I may say... I personally think the RPD is a better skate in my eyes and on my feet. Not to say the AC1 is bad by any means but I just feel better with the RPD.

Had the skates baked once when I got them. Definitely going to go the waxed laces.

I have worn 2 pairs of CA9s (replaced after season and before Narch/Torhs) and never had an issue with either boot that I have worn. I replaced and eyelet and laces, thats it. Now with the RPD I have not touched them or had to replace anything other than the wheels and laces. My buddy played for a mission/labeda team and had the AC1 before they came out and he had to fix the frame more than once (bending). Hes now with Alkali and loves them.

Well the wife wanted a pair of skates so we went to the shop. Found out she is the same size skate. Was going to get get set of ac7 for her. Then I had a idea she tried on my t9 and liked them. So she has them and I managed to get my self a set of ac1.. omg what a a difference so much better

I'm up 1/2 a size in alkali. T10's are a 6 but I'm a 6.5 in ca9's (toes just feathering the toe cap in alkali, not quite touching in Mission). There is no way I could get into a 6 in a ca9.

Skateaway Abany Creek and Caloundra Rollerdrome are in the process of trying to set up a distribution deal to stock Alkali gear.
Hopefully they'll be getting some products in shortly.