Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grnmtnvt

Best blades for wide feet?

I wear a 7E in a Reebok ice skate. What brand of skate are best for wider feet? I have a Vapors but they just aren't going to do it.

At the end of the day, you have to try them on to get the best fit. With that said...

I have a wide forefoot and a fairly normal/narrow heel. My best fit for skates are Vapors in an E (or EE) but they don't really make them in that size for roller. I still use Vapors, in a D, but it's a bit snug. Good fit at the heel though.

On ice, I use Reeboks in a D. Best fitting skate for my wide feet so far. However, if it was not for the pump feature, it'd be a very weak fit around the heel and ankle.

At the end of the day, you have to try them on to get the best fit. With that said...

I have a wide forefoot and a fairly normal/narrow heel. My best fit for skates are Vapors in an E (or EE) but they don't really make them in that size for roller. I still use Vapors, in a D, but it's a bit snug. Good fit at the heel though.

On ice, I use Reeboks in a D. Best fitting skate for my wide feet so far. However, if it was not for the pump feature, it'd be a very weak fit around the heel and ankle.

A few years ago, I was in exactly the same situation. After a year and a half, one of the pumps started leaking and my Reeboks became useless. I threw them in the trash and got some Bauer Flexlites.

I have the 20K skates and I find the fit to be perfect without the pump. I've never actually used the pump, I think it's a useless feature. I don't know many people who really rely on it for a good fit.

I wouldn't say the pump is a useless feature. Sure it's a gimmick and nothing beats a proper fit, but if you're in a situation like mine where you're in between fits and the selection at your LHS is limited, it's a feature worth having.

reeboks.

I use the pump to help with the fit but it isnt what makes it fit. 3 pumps and its snug. i sometimes let the air towards at the end of the game bc sometimes my feet swell as well.

From what I've read, the Missions fit like the bauer supreme line of ice skates (wider forefoot vs. narrow forefoot in the vapors). So for wide feet, you best bets would be reeboks or mission. If you can get the vapor's in E or EE those would work as well. To give you some perspective I wear a Bauer Vapor size 7.0 EE for ice (I barely tighten the forefoot of these b/c if I do my foot gets bad/sharp pains in it) and Mission Axiom T9 EE for roller (I could probably get away with just an E in these since I can tighten the forefoot more without the pain vs. the Vapors). Hope this helps! You can also go the route of buying ice skates and mount your own roller chassis on them.

The cost for conversion depends on what type of chassis you are mounting. Chassis range from $75 up to $250 depending on the manufacturer and material you seek, in addition to the cost of the ice skate you are converting, unless you are converting an old pair. Other additional costs are the cost to have your LHS mount the chassis (I have no idea what they charge as I've never gone this route) or you can mount yourself with a few basis tools (hammer, drill, T-nuts, screws, etc.) at a minimal cost. If you don't have tools already (I was in this situation) you can buy everything you need for about $75-$100.

Take a look at Tour. I am a beginner and tried on a lot of skates. Try inlinewarehouse.com where they have a skate fit guarantee. I tried 3 different pairs before I found what I liked.