Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bar down

STX to produce hockey equipment in 2014

got mine today as well. great balance and very good finishing quality. pretty curious about the blade. it's very thin and has some give when I bend it with my hand (it's still very stiff overall, though). seems like having the blade flex with the shaft is the next big thing in terms of OPS design, so looking forward to shooting some pucks with it.

Well, the whole copying-Easton thing has manifested itself already thus far lol

Mine showed up yesterday and I got on the ice with it tonight, I will start up my long term review tomorrow. Wrist shots and snap shots were excellent, I never took more than a half slapper and it really jumped off the blade. I have been using slightly less lofted blades lately, so a few of my shots were higher than anticipated, but that was me and not a problem with the stick or the blade itself. It loads easily and the release works well with my shooting motion. For a first impression by a company I have to say, I am extremely impressed with what STX has done.

got mine today as well. great balance and very good finishing quality. pretty curious about the blade. it's very thin and has some give when I bend it with my hand (it's still very stiff overall, though). seems like having the blade flex with the shaft is the next big thing in terms of OPS design, so looking forward to shooting some pucks with it.

We both got the Surgeon which has the flexier blade.

My 100 flex stallion came in today. I'll have a chance to use it tonight. Feels light and well balanced. Nice fit and finish too.

I stopped in at my local hockey shop at lunch to drop off my skates for sharpening, and saw the new STX Stallion's in there. Looks pretty nice. As I was just dropping off my skates, and on lunch, I didn't spend much time. I'll look at them closer when I go pick up my skates tonight.

Just thought I'd mention they are in the wild now.

I felt around a little with a 75 flex 09 at Total on wednesday. It seems like a fairly well built stick. I did notice it being a tad heavier than my ek15 but nothing too crazy. Seemed pretty well balanced, maybe a tad blade heavy, but i didnt get too much time with it as I was in a time crunch to get back down to allen park for an appointment to get some work done on the house. I am not really in need of another stick at this time, and I will wait on some reviews, however it seems a strong contender for when one of my ek's goes down.