Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey1234

1st round predictions

Mack, you really think Nash can upset Detroit, or is that just a little hometown bias coming out?

More wishful thinking than anything else, but they hung in with Detroit very well this year. They may end up getting swept, but they should all be closely played.

I just don't think that Nashville can perform an Anaheim. Detroit will definately be ready. The absolute only way Nashville can beat Detroit is if Vokun pulls a Giguere, and Legace pulls a Cujo.

More wishful thinking than anything else, but they hung in with Detroit very well this year. They may end up getting swept, but they should all be closely played.

Well... they hung in with detroit for the first 3 games of the series, winning by winning 1-0, 4-3 and 5-3. The 2nd set of 3 games nashville didn't quite "hang in" with the wings... they lost with a combined score of 13-3 :blink:

I don't anticipate Detroit taking Nashville for granted like they did the ducks last year.

I definately see Detroit being the strongest in the West, and as of late, the Leafs being the strongest in the East, thanks to Belfour. The Leafs go as far as Belfour takes them, but I think the Wings can do more with bad goaltending. As a Leafs fan, wouldn't it be awesome to see a Leafs/Ottawa series, then Leafs/Islanders, then Leafs/Montreal? That'd be ideal.

More wishful thinking than anything else, but they hung in with Detroit very well this year.  They may end up getting swept, but they should all be closely played.

Well... they hung in with detroit for the first 3 games of the series, winning by winning 1-0, 4-3 and 5-3. The 2nd set of 3 games nashville didn't quite "hang in" with the wings... they lost with a combined score of 13-3 :blink:

I don't anticipate Detroit taking Nashville for granted like they did the ducks last year.

Definately not. Not only have they turned it around against them like you've said, they know what they're up against, and they definately don't want a repeat of last year.

If they get into the shootout with the Wings...forget it. But I think their speed and willingness to go kamikaze for pucks could be enough to chip away a win or two from them.

East

Tampa

Boston

Philly

Toronto

West

Detroit

San Jose

Vancouver

Colorado

East Finals- Boston V. Toronto

West Finals- Colorado V. Detroit (Love this matchup)

Cup- Toronto over Colorado in 7 (Seems like there time, and Eddie wants 1 more)

If they get into the shootout with the Wings...forget it.  But I think their speed and willingness to go kamikaze for pucks could be enough to chip away a win or two from them.

Kamikaze for pucks is only going to hurt nashville... Hatcher, Fisher, Schneider and Rivers can be brutal on dumpers. It doesn't hurt that Lidstrom usually knows what the offense wants to do before they do. ;)

but hey, nobody thought anything about Anaheim last year either... I was *very* nervous playing Gigeure last year going into the playoffs. Not quite so nervous with Nashville, but they're hungry and young.. two things that can really help in the first round.

I'm appauled to see that not many people picked the Canucks to beat the Flames?

I think many people wrote the Canucks off after the Bertuzzi incident and havent really paid much attention to their play in the past few weeks. However, in my subjective opinion the Canucks have played better and with more consistency in the past 4-5 games than they have all year. They gutted out the game against Dallas and stone-walled Edmonton on the last day of the season. The two things that impressed me the most was how they are a lot better at closing out games when their habit over the past few years was to let teams back in it, and their persistence when they are facing a good/hot goalie. Without Bertuzzi and his penchant for bad penalties, its also nice that the Canucks get to play a full two minutes on the powerplay. Calgary is a tough draw though. Theyre goaltending is great and they are very hard working. I think the games will be close but my prediction is Canucks in 6.

I agree the Canucks are a very tough team right now, btu I don't think that there better off w/o Bertuzzi. I think they can beat Cal but without Bert I dont think they will go further.

Calgary is pretty hot right now and the canucks aren't playing that well. I've watched a couple of the Vancouver games at the end of the season and they didn't look that good at both ends of th eice.

You must not have seen them play Edmonton. They dominated them at both ends of the rink. Powerplay/PK both looked great and Cloutier looked good as well. I think it will be a very entretaining series.

Edmonton had been riding their better players to get into the playoffs and they were tired. I did watch the game and it wasn't nearly as lopsided as you say.

calgary just seems more suited for the playoffs. the way sutter has them playing i wouldn't be suprised at all to see them upset the canucks. hell, i'm a big canucks fan and i still think they're just not playing good enough hockey to get them far in the playoffs. i'm also banking off the fact that kipper is probably the hottest goalie in the league right now and iggy isn't the only one scoring anymore. they're a very well balanced young team.

TB- not given any credit even though they are second in points only to DET...

Mon- would love to see them win so the Bolts could play them in the second round

Phi

Tor

Det

SJ

Van

Dallas

Im a little biased to the hometown team, but I feel that I have a little reason to be and they are playing great hockey, cant wait to see Marty turn it up another notch in the playoffs...