Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HotBacon

(new?) Kane vs Iginla curve

I am a shaft and blade player that has been playing the old Easton yzerman curve and liking it, although I prefer a rocker sole like that on a p92.

I've searched awhile and I like the p88, but the sole does not rocker like the p92.

While searching I can say the following match the curves as follows

Ccm Hossa/Thornton is closet to p88(IMHO)

Sherwood p88 is similar but slightly different still.

Bauer p14 toews is similar to the p88, but has an open toe where the p88 is closed...to me this is close to the Datsyuk curve from reebok. Look to the warrior chara curve for something similar as well.

The Tavares and the new e36 are similar, not far off from p88. The e36 has more rocker sole.

The one curve that intrigues me is the new com landeskog it may be more curve than Kane, but has a rocking sole.

I myself await to see what new blades will be available via rbk/ccm, Bauer, and easton

I also for years used the old Easton Yzerman curve until they discontinued it on one piece sticks and all of my sticks eventually gave out. That sent me into a bit of a stick crisis--I ultimately settled on the Easton E7 Iginla blade as the closest I could find at the time. Problem is I think at this point in my hockey playing I could probably use more of a 5-5.5 lie. The Iginla blade plays like a 6.0--maybe even a bit higher--even though they label it 5.5. It is definitely not a 5.5, even by Easton's definition! So that's left me still looking around a bit given that they've discontinued the Heatley. I really like a mid curve with a neutral/closed face, and I find that almost everything that calls itself a mid curve is really a mid-heel curve, or at least not as "mid" as the Iginla.

I'm wondering, for hawkeyfan, whether you have found an identical match to the old Easton Yzerman blades, and more broadly, whether there's a match for the Iginla curve out there at a lower lie other than the Heatley. I've searched far and wide and have come up with nothing. Thanks in advance.

Separately, I'll echo the comment earlier that the Warrior W88 is an identical clone of the Bauer P88. I looked at them side by side yesterday (along with the E7). I didn't check the rocker, but the curves are identical.

I think the Iginla at 5.5 is spot on. It plays lower than the P12 which is a 6 and higher than whatever they are calling the Modano now at a 5.

Interesting you disagree, and I don't pretend to be an expert in measuring the lies of hockey sticks, so I could be wrong. At this point though I've held the E7 up against a whole lot of other blades, including my old Easton Yzermans. It's a slightly higher lie than the old Yzermans, which were listed by Easton as a 6, and it's also slightly higher than the Bauer P88 (Lindros era) that I have in my garage, also listed by Bauer as a 6. And it's A LOT higher than the current E4, which Easton lists as a lie 5 (also in my garage). Keep in mind the E7 is a funny shaped blade vertically, and I'm looking at the lie coming off the bottom of the blade into the shaft since that's the way it hits the ice, not from the top of the blade as it's often measured (the E7 narrows quite a bit vertically at the heel before filling out along the blade). At any rate, still curious if hawkeyfan knows any direct comps to the old Yzermans.