Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HotBacon

(new?) Kane vs Iginla curve

I've used a Recchi curve my entire life. I have yet to try a Tavares curve which is apparently the Recchi replacment, but picked up an Iginla cheap (Easton S55II) because it looked very similar. I'm having trouble getting nice shots off with the Iginla though, everything is weak and fluttery. Out of the blue I tried a Kane (Bauer One.4) during warmups last night and my wrist shot was amazing. This totally shocked me because the Kane curve looked so much bigger than what I've ever played with.

So I came in today to look at what ppl say about the Kane curve and, to my surprise, everyone is saying the Kane is pretty equivalent to the Iginla. Are these ppl out of their mind, or has the Kane curve changed over the years to be a little deeper?

Is the quality of shot difference the curve or the stick?

I have been using the P88 pattern for years since it was branded lindros. Last year my LHS offered to get me some RSII at a really good deal and I took it. I did my research and told him to get me the Iginla pattern and I hated it. Both wrist and slap shots where terrible. I switched back to my one60 and everything was fine. I since sold off the other RSII and purchased a few more bauer sticks. I never could pin if it was the different kick point or the rounder shaft or the curve. Needless to say while the specks are close I don't think these curves are similar at all.

So I came in today to look at what ppl say about the Kane curve and, to my surprise, everyone is saying the Kane is pretty equivalent to the Iginla. Are these ppl out of their mind, or has the Kane curve changed over the years to be a little deeper?

Kane has more rocker and is deeper than Iginla, but there is no other curve that was more similar for people jumping from Easton to Bauer or vice versa.

People often underestimate the effect that blade length has on shooting. 1/4" difference in length can cause a quite drastic effect if you don't adjust your mechanics. For example, the amount of time you have to complete your wrist-roll, etc. I hate the Iginla because to my eye, it's one of the shortest blades out there.

I used the Iginla curve exclusively for a long long time. To me it was awesome due to the control of my shots as well as the ease of rifling a backhand. I've since switched to the P88 and its a bit too much curve for me but I love the length, lie, and rocker.

To me the ultimate curve would be the inginla curve with the P88 rocker/lie/length. If anyone ever makes that, or know of a curve with that equivalent pro-stock or whatever please let me know.

To me the ultimate curve would be the inginla curve with the P88 rocker/lie/length. If anyone ever makes that, or know of a curve with that equivalent pro-stock or whatever please let me know.

I don't know if it's accurate, but someone once described the Warrior Zetterberg to me as being a cross between the Kane and Iginla, so maybe take a look at that? I know there are lots of Warrior users here, so maybe one of them will chime in to confirm or deny?

I don't know if it's accurate, but someone once described the Warrior Zetterberg to me as being a cross between the Kane and Iginla, so maybe take a look at that? I know there are lots of Warrior users here, so maybe one of them will chime in to confirm or deny?

The W88 is a straight clone of the P88.

In my opinion, the W88 is very close to the P88 however the W88 has slightly less rocker than the P88.

To be honest I've compared the two side by side and saw zero difference and the warrior rep says it's a clone as well. If there is any difference it must be so slight I can't tell while playing or with my eye.

The only thing I could think of is the earlier w88s were slightly different from current.

If you want a Bauer pattern that truly compares to the Iginla then you need to get the P12 thru MyBauer.

Is the P12 a clone of the iginla or just very similar?

Kane has more rocker and is deeper than Iginla, but there is no other curve that was more similar for people jumping from Easton to Bauer or vice versa.

Man, I can't remember. What does a bigger rocker vs smaller rocket and vice versa? Advantages/disadvantages?

Man, I can't remember. What does a bigger rocker vs smaller rocket and vice versa? Advantages/disadvantages?

Smaller rocker puts more of the blade in contact with the ice consistently, bigger rocker allows you have more contact with the heel or toe of the blade, depending on how you are holding the stick.

This Easton curve comparison allows you to somewhat see...the E3 / E28 / E26 all have a big rocker, while the E4 is only slight.

As for advantages/disadvantages, it all comes down to personal preference and individual style. Some may feel a big rocker is difficult to adjust to, because you have to adjust the angle of the blade depending on the situation. While others will prefer a bigger rocker for their style of stick handling and shooting.

the E36 is now the closest comparable Easton curve to the P88. the main difference is that it is more open at the toe starting from the mid, which somewhat affects the otherwise identical rocker. i transitioned pretty seamlessly from using a p88/clones for the last 4 years to the E36. Easton reps in my area also confirmed it was intended to be a P88 clone that utilizes the "Dual Lie" philosophy of Eastons other curves.

in my opinion the iginla and the p88 aren't very similar at all, and i have a hard tiem transitioning between the two.

The warrior kovolchuk has a pretty nice curve as well. In my opinion it's very similar to the kane (maybe even deeper than the kane). Both have closed faces. Superb for wrist shots.

the E36 is now the closest comparable Easton curve to the P88. the main difference is that it is more open at the toe starting from the mid, which somewhat affects the otherwise identical rocker. i transitioned pretty seamlessly from using a p88/clones for the last 4 years to the E36. Easton reps in my area also confirmed it was intended to be a P88 clone that utilizes the "Dual Lie" philosophy of Eastons other curves.

in my opinion the iginla and the p88 aren't very similar at all, and i have a hard tiem transitioning between the two.

You're right, Iginla and p88 are different stories. However, the p88 and e36 are clones and I highly doubt you'd be able to tell the difference. I see more variety amongst the p92 clones than that the p88.

how does the Burrows warrior curve compare to the p88 or iginla? In length or lie?

I have a hard time figuring out whats going on with the Warrior Lie's just from their marketing material. Some people have said add 1 to their lie but the zetterberg is listed as a lie 4 but its identical to the p88 which is listed as a lie 6?

how does the Burrows warrior curve compare to the p88 or iginla? In length or lie?

I have a hard time figuring out whats going on with the Warrior Lie's just from their marketing material. Some people have said add 1 to their lie but the zetterberg is listed as a lie 4 but its identical to the p88 which is listed as a lie 6?

W88 = P88. Lie, curve, etc...

bumping an old thread. As I broke my stick the other night and as I stated above in the post I have been using the P88 exclusively for years. I wanted to get some other thoughts on clones/ similar curves.

I know that the warrior W88, and easton E36 are both either clones or similar. What about the other brands out there?

what I have looked up but wasn't sure on are these.

Reebok - Perron (P40)

Sherwood - PP88 - I would assume this is a clone but some have it listed as a Mid heel and some have it listed as a mid

CCM - Tavares (P45) or Hossa (P40) not sure which of these are closer.