Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbv

long pants for 6'5" player

hey guys. i'm on my second pair of pants in about 25 yrs. got rid of the old Tackla's for a cheap pair of lightweight modern Graf's that were on sale. after 2 seasons they are starting to fall apart and are not that protective. no hitting hockey for this guy (46 yrs old) but still competitive with the odd bad fall/crash in the boards, so i want good protection again. i also want to know what the longest pants are on the market, these will be the last i ever buy and i'm looking for perfect fit. anyone else very tall and long in the leg out there with an opinion?

Honestly, Tackla is still the best for tall guys, unless you get something pro stock that was a custom order.

Tackla uses EU sizing and so does Graf iirc. There's a Tackla catalog on these boards that outline some of the models that are available as a tall or custom order for a tall size. That's probably a safe bet coming from what you used to wear.

Otherwise, Reebok has a +1" zipper on their top 3 models and top 2 from the last generation.

Bauer has tall options in their older Supreme/Nexus line.

Vapor will soon see a similar option.

Winnwell has a +2" zipper option on their mid-end GX-8 pants.

You will find some pro stock pants (generally bulkier and more protective than most retail models) in a custom +1" or +2" as well.

think i'm going to pull the trigger on some tall Tackla's. took some research but looks like the 951 is a good high end pant but not NHL level so not as bulky. local shop had some but none in my size to try. seems the local young guys like them for slim/length/light but still protective. the bitch is i'll have to order them and they will come from the east coast US and A and probably cost me a fortune to get into BC!! these seem close to custom without getting crazy and should be plenty long.

How about warrior projekt large tall from thehocheyshop.com?

I'm 6,5 also, 210lbs. I use a totalone girdle xl with a 9k she'll in large. The girdle fits about an inch too short

Thehockeyshop.com has tacklas 951, and they are in BC.