Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikeamato1980

Reebok 20ks

I would like to hear everyone's thoughts / reviews of the Reebok 20k ice skate. Like to hear from people that are currently using this skate. Does anyone know if the Reebok 18ks fit similar to the 20ks. My local hockey store only has the 18ks. For example. Would a size 8D in the 18ks fit exactly the same as an 8D in 20k? I'm sure they will order for me, but just to be sure.

I've been using the 20k reebok skates all this season and love them. I had a pair of Bauer one 100s and they were extremely stiff and felt like a ski boot. The 20k are really comfortable and have a few nice features such as the pump to help lock the heal and also the lace lock. The weight is great and the only change I made is the insoles. I put in super feet. As far as the sizing goes i would think they would fit similar but not a 100% sure.

20K and 18K SHOULD fit the same in size. While your shop may be willing to order 20Ks, it's likely at this time of year that Reebok has none in stock to ship. That's a popular skate in a popular size.

Thanks for the responses guys. My local shop also told me I could order them on hockeymonkey or even ice warehouse? Have either of you ever used them? My plan is to have my hockey shop convert the 20ks into Inline skates. Any advice? Ever done that?

Also, the new Reebok Ribcor skates may be released sometime this spring, so if you're willing to wait a few months, you may be able to get a good deal on the 20ks.

Really? You think they will lower the price on the 20ks? The best deal I have seen them for is $599.

That is a relatively recent price drop, so while they are likely to go lower again, it probably won't be until the new ones are released or thereabouts.

In terms of the fit compared to the 18k, you'll likely find that the heel in the 20k is a bit more snug. Other than that, they should be the same.

I found the skate to be great in terms of having decent forward flex while maintaining lateral rigidness. They felt a bit heavy compared to some other skates, but nothing outrageous.

If you haven't found a deal on 18K or 20K already, go back to your winter hibernation. They have been on sale regularly since mid November in canada with sales prices running 150-400 off regular.

I bought my 18Ks for $279 on Boxing Day here in Canada. I've only put 2 skates on them so far but they are really comfortable. Much stiffer than my Supreme One70s though.

It's the same size I think. I'm using a 20K, tried the 18K, White K and 14K. They all felt the same sizing to me.

I liked the 20K when it was new, it wasn't as stiff as I preferred but it's enough. Hated the lace lock, they're annoying for me but I do love the pumps. Mine were noticeably softer after about 3-4 months, I play around 2-3 times a week. Although once again, I prefer very stiff boots, so unless you're nitpicky about wanting a stiffer boots then you should be fine with the 20Ks as they are the most comfortable skates I've tried on so far.

So I just went to the local hockey shop and tried on an 8D in the 20k, and a 7.5d in the 20k. The 8 felt just a little big, and the 7.5 felt just a little to tight. From your all's experience, will baking the skate make the skate shrink to my foot, or will it make the skate expand? Basically I'm wondering if I get the 8D, will it shrink a little bit after baking? Or if I get the 7.5D. Will it expand a little bit after baking. Please help!

I'd go with the 7.5 you should gain a bit more space after baking and you can always punch out areas of pressure...you can make a skate bigger but not smaller

So I just went to the local hockey shop and tried on an 8D in the 20k, and a 7.5d in the 20k. The 8 felt just a little big, and the 7.5 felt just a little to tight. From your all's experience, will baking the skate make the skate shrink to my foot, or will it make the skate expand? Basically I'm wondering if I get the 8D, will it shrink a little bit after baking? Or if I get the 7.5D. Will it expand a little bit after baking. Please help!

I've had the 20K for almost a year now and they seem to be holding up. The thing that bugged me is I've had my left pump fail on me within a few months of having them. It's a good thing that my left foot is my bigger foot and that I only need to pump up the right skate to match. That, and the fact that they are heavier than most skates at the same price point.

Also, to the OP, I'm sure you can find a better deal by either waiting or looking around more. They regularly go on sale I noticed. Granted, I paid half price for mine a year ago because mine were factory 'seconds' from a big box store.

I've had the 20K for almost a year now and they seem to be holding up. The thing that bugged me is I've had my left pump fail on me within a few months of having them. It's a good thing that my left foot is my bigger foot and that I only need to pump up the right skate to match. That, and the fact that they are heavier than most skates at the same price point.

Also, to the OP, I'm sure you can find a better deal by either waiting or looking around more. They regularly go on sale I noticed. Granted, I paid half price for mine a year ago because mine were factory 'seconds' from a big box store.

You should have called in to reebok with the failing pump. They always replace them. Even had them upgrade a customer from 11K to 20K because of the timing of the purchase.

I thought the lace lock and pump would help with fitment, but I honestly find them more annoying and a hindrance. Have to get everything tightened and pumped right to get a good fit on one of my feet.

I thought the lace lock and pump would help with fitment, but I honestly find them more annoying and a hindrance. Have to get everything tightened and pumped right to get a good fit on one of my feet.

Try pumping them up until they are snug(ideally you feel like its 1 pump too much) then warm up or take 1 shift and give the release button a small tap. There is no right way it all about finding that comfort zone.

Let me just start by saying that I have some frankenstein feet (7.5C left foot, 7C/D right foot). I've been through a lot of skates in the past 2 years: Supreme Total Ones (2011), Graf Supra 635s, Supreme Total One NXG, RBK 9K and now the RBK 20K. The RBKs are the only skate that have fit me. The Supremes and Grafs toebox were too narrow for my toes (heel fit fine though-- but the insoles were ridicously uncomfortable, but Superfeet fixed that). The only option seemingly left was to go custom, but I wanted to avoid having to wait a month. So I settled on the RBK 9Ks. Unfortunately, within a week the 9K boot broke down and the pump stopped working. I sent them in to be replaced on December 27th (still waiting for a replacement). In the meantime, I went back to my NXGs and the Grafs. After wearing the 9Ks, I said... Wow, these NXGs/Supras are some uncomfortable pair of boots. The NXG was way too stiff. Felt like my foot was in a cast. The Supras were way too soft -- lacked protection (took a puck to the foot to figure that out), lacked heel support and the tongue broke down in a month so I got lace bite). I sorely missed my 9Ks. After 2 weeks, I got tired of waiting for my replacements and sucked it up and bought some 20Ks.

I'm glad I did.I went with an 8D to accomdate both feet (the 7.5D toebox was too cramped for my left foot). The boot is right inbetween the NXGs and Supras. Not too stiff yet not too soft. The lace lock feature is great because I like a semi-tight feel from toe to heel. After some fine tuning, the pump worked great (I pumped it 10 times initally, which uninteniontally pushed my entire foot forward; but, after some fine tuning, I realized I only needed 4 pumps). In addition to the boot feeling comfortable, I also liked the runnner. While it's not as light as the TUUKs, I had a much easier time stopping with the E-Pro runner. I tried doing a one-foot outside edge stop with the NXGs and nearly broke my ankle. I'm not sure if it was the fusion steel or the length of it, but I had a very hard time readjusting to that blade and runner. Meanwhile, with the E-Pro, it was a much different story. I could not only do a one foot stop, but I could do a little hop and stop as well. It just felt smooth. It just felt RIGHT.

With that said, if you do go with 20Ks, REPLACE THE LACES. Those laces are some of the WORST laces that I've ever used.

If I could take back all the bad experiences with the above skates and go straight to a great pair of skates, I'd probably wait and go with some custom ordered RBK 20Ks (the downside to retail RBKs is that they only come in D and EE, however if you go custom, you can go C, and customize the toebox). But, I don't regret my purchase, as the ones I own right now are working great as is.

I have one foot that measures a full 9 and one that measures a full 8 so I feel for your fit issues. I'm also right between a D and E width. I found with 18Ks that the pump allows me to get a better fit on my smaller foot. I went with an 8.5EE as a happy medium. I didn't find that I gained any length after having them baked but maybe that's just me.

As for the laces...yup...junk 'em. The lace locks are still undecided for me. I like them and I don't at the same time. I'll give them some more time to see which way I go with them.

Glad you love your 20Ks, they're a very comfortable skate.