Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deerok

Pro Skates

Im new to the board and I want to say thanks for a great board, very informative and zero BS.

Now, has anybody bought or used any pro return skates (that are occasionally seen on sale on ebay), and if so what are the main advantages for us mere mortals. I am specifically wondering about durability, support, stiffness (as compared to retail verisons) and performance.

Thanks in advance.

Generally much stiffer and different sizes and widths.

For example, you might see an 8.25 R skate and an 8.5 L skate. Also, they might request narrower or wider heels.

Thanks,

I know I don't play anywhere near a pro level game, but I do see these "pro return" skates available, for a lot cheaper than say a standard Bauer Vapor XX.

At my build (6'2" 215lbs-1.88m 97.5kg) im wondering if that extra stiffness is worth the risk of not having a warranty, plus the NHL versions are custom sized to each individual foot (of the player) but some of the minor leaguers get a standard size pro edition.

Minor leaguers can get custom sized as well. Pro teams order from a different department than retail.

I think I'm going to break the bank and get some custom skates made by Mission. I need to talk to Justin - I'm willing to fly out to CA to get them done.

I want Anson Carter treatment too! LOL reverse S500s!

I don't think I've seen them, what's different? Pictures?

Yeah, I hear you

Let it slide and laugh, their ignorance is their weakness.

F the BS.

Beyond that...keep your eyes peeled, when I was out in LA earlier this year I got the chance to meet Sidney Crosby in Venice Beach (doing some photos for ESPN the mag). You never know who you might find. With the lockout, whose to say you can't play pick up with some NHL'ers.

With the lockout, whose to say you can't play pick up with some NHL'ers.

Pierre Racicot who is an NHL referee plays in my adult league, he's not an NHL player, but he's still an NHL'er :D.

Hey JR, since we're on the topic of pro return equipment, what are some differences between pro return gloves and regular gloves?