Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

markush

Hybrid / Full Face Shield

I think they look alright in themselves--a few form consolidations would go a long way to fixing it up--they always just look like they're twice as big as they should be.

Definitely, and I think they've accomplished that with the new version. The old ones looked massive. We'll see how it goes I guess :)

What color did you go with? I'm considering either black or clear. Leaning towards clear as it seams it would have the least "distractions" on your vision.

Definitely, and I think they've accomplished that with the new version. The old ones looked massive. We'll see how it goes I guess :)

What color did you go with? I'm considering either black or clear. Leaning towards clear as it seams it would have the least "distractions" on your vision.

Went with black, just because my helmet is black. My current model is clear. I doubt it will matter really.

After using avision ahead elite for a few months i am going back to a cage for the upcoming season.

One rink i play at the air temperature is relatively warm. I have a little bit of condensation and im wiping down the mask between shifts.

The other rink i play at is colder. I have more issues there. Condensation builds up more quickly and im constantly eiping the mask down.

Although the vision is awesome it has become more of a hindrance. What i might do is keep using it at the warmer rink and use a cage at the colder rink.

This is mostly when im on the bench. Without airflow im just steaming up and the moisture condenses.

After using avision ahead elite for a few months i am going back to a cage for the upcoming season.

One rink i play at the air temperature is relatively warm. I have a little bit of condensation and im wiping down the mask between shifts.

The other rink i play at is colder. I have more issues there. Condensation builds up more quickly and im constantly eiping the mask down.

Although the vision is awesome it has become more of a hindrance. What i might do is keep using it at the warmer rink and use a cage at the colder rink.

This is mostly when im on the bench. Without airflow im just steaming up and the moisture condenses.

Yup, I got rid of mine almost immediately. I loved the original one... zero issues with fog or condensation. But the Elite model wasn't bad for fogging but HORRIBLE for condensation. At least fog would go away pretty quick once you got on the ice, but condensation stays until you wipe it away.

I've been using my Itech FX-50 combo shield for over 5 years and it's still working great (though slightly rusty). The shield almost never fogs up. Too bad they discontinued it.