Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fire0nIce228

Mcfarlane figures

I was wondering exactly how much some of these hockey figures are worth. I just picked up a Wayne Gretzky figure in his black LA Kings jersey from the McFarlane "vintage" collection. Is it worth any money? Are any of them worth any money? I have both Lemieux ones and a Sakic nordiques figure, and I have those 4 still in the boxes, but if they're not worth any money I'll take the Gretzky one out cause its supposed to have legs that attach to it so he's standing up, right now hes cut down at the knees and it doesnt even look cool in the box.

They're not worth much at all, the only ones that are worth something are the hard to find variant figs, like a Gretzky in a white Kings jersey instead of black and even then you'll only get like $20. If you're going to collect them, collect them for fun, it's not worth collecting them as an "investment".

JR, What was the settlement? Do you really think MacFarlane Inc will go under becasue of it...Todd MacF is worth ton$ of ca$h. What did Twister get?

Btw, about the value of the variants. There is a guy here in Hamilton who is "in the know" on which variants are going to be hard to get...you'll a fig for 19.99 and then the blue jersey (or whatever) for 69.99. I go in there, see what he's got on what...then go to Giant Tiger or Wal Mart and look for them there. They have them for like 12-15 bucks.

I had no idea they were asking for that much cash...Thanks JR.

But, is that the same as him personally going bancrupt? Hasn't Donald Trump put more than one of his businesses into Chapter 11 as a means to start over. Adelphia recovered after the Regis (not Philbin) fiasco...I'm pretty sure they went Chapter 11.

We'll see, but I'm sure Todd will end up okay in the end...but I suppose I may never get to see a Michael Ryder figure up next to Theo and Saku on my shelf (he was going to be in the next series)

Tony Twist is pathetic. The character "Twister" was not based on him whatsoever.

Besides, it's not like companies were banging Twist's door down to offer him endorsement deals. What a joke....only in America :angry:.

(and yes, I'm American)

I do just collect them for fun but I was only curious as to if any of the ones I had were worth money. I have no idea which figure is the normal and which is the variant for any of them. Im guessing whats on the back of the box is the normal and if you find same pose in diffrent jersey is variant. Thanks for the info.

Some are worth Cash. I have one thats worth like $60, but its out of the box and stuff. Honestly though, you have to A) determine the value and then B) Find someone willing to pay it. Generally collectors will have the whole set in the first place and won't be looking to give top dollar to some kid. Take it out and display it. I doubt they'd ever be worth huge cash anyways. Maybe 1 out of 20 would be worth alot.

RadioGaGa - Any idea whether this guy has a store? I'd just like to go check it out. I have a weird feeling I may even know who/ where it is.

Tony Twist is pathetic. The character "Twister" was not based on him whatsoever.

Besides, it's not like companies were banging Twist's door down to offer him endorsement deals. What a joke....only in America :angry:.

(and yes, I'm American)

It was his name that he used. It's not like his name was John Smith. How would you feel if someone took your name and made a ton of money off of it without your consent?

RadioGaGa - Any idea whether this guy has a store? I'd just like to go check it out. I have a weird feeling I may even know who/ where it is.

It's Toys Etc in Lime Ridge Mall. It's on the second level right when you come up the escalator...a couple stores down from Sport Obsession.

[EDIT] I would have put the name in the original message, but I wasn't sure if it would be cool or not!

Theres a nice store in downtown Toronto called the Silver Snail. They got a whole wall of McFarlane toys and tons of other stuff too. I picked up some classic MAD magazines there for 5 bucks CDN. I would suggest anyone in the GTA to visit it sometime even if you arent a collector like me.

It's on the second level right when you come up the escalator...a couple stores down from Sport Obsession.

[EDIT] I would have put the name in the original message, but I wasn't sure if it would be cool or not!

I wasn't thinking it was there, but I do go there alot. Hell I was there today, I try and stop in everytime I'm at the mall. I have a number of friends who work at SO as well so it works out. I cannot remember which ones they have, but I am surprised they are selling some for $65 and up.

Tony Twist is pathetic.  The character "Twister" was not based on him whatsoever.

Besides, it's not like companies were banging Twist's door down to offer him endorsement deals.  What a joke....only in America  :angry:.

(and yes, I'm American)

It was his name that he used. It's not like his name was John Smith. How would you feel if someone took your name and made a ton of money off of it without your consent?

So this means any person whos name is being used by a company, comic book, tv show or any other type of agency should be sued?? The simpsons used my first AND last name in one of their shows and the way they used it was to promote illegal activity!!! My name isnt John Smith either...

But I dont care...

JR, What was the settlement? Do you really think MacFarlane Inc will go under becasue of it...Todd MacF is worth ton$ of ca$h. What did Twister get?

Btw, about the value of the variants. There is a guy here in Hamilton who is "in the know" on which variants are going to be hard to get...you'll a fig for 19.99 and then the blue jersey (or whatever) for 69.99. I go in there, see what he's got on what...then go to Giant Tiger or Wal Mart and look for them there. They have them for like 12-15 bucks.

McFarlane will not go under, infact the consumers won't even know what happened unless they heard about it on the news, this is going to have no effect on the retail end of things.

Go here for an official press release from TMP: http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102276

Might be worth a lot as MacFarlane might be going under because Tony Twist won the lawsuit...

Chapter 11 bankruptcy doesn't really indicate that the company is going out of business. It's just protection from your creditors while you get reorganized.

MIGHT being the operative word.

Yes, I know what Chapter 11 is. I worked for a company who filed Chapter 11 and later on, Chapter 13. However, some people don't pull out of Chapter 11...hence MIGHT...

Tony Twist is pathetic.  The character "Twister" was not based on him whatsoever.

Besides, it's not like companies were banging Twist's door down to offer him endorsement deals.  What a joke....only in America  :blink:.

(and yes, I'm American)

If everyone sued when they saw their name in a book or something, the courts would be backed up for all eternity.

It's only the comic book business filing for bankruptcy - the toy company isn't filing - in fact they are listed as the second largest creditor of the comic company, being owed over $600,000. At least that's what ESPN say - ESPN story

Yep, while they're both affiliated and owned by the same people, they're two completely seperate companies and what happens with the comics company will have no effect on the toys company, which makes all the sports figures and whatnot.

I wasn't thinking it was there, but I do go there alot. Hell I was there today, I try and stop in everytime I'm at the mall. I have a number of friends who work at SO as well so it works out. I cannot remember which ones they have, but I am surprised they are selling some for $65 and up.

the radio statiosn are right next to eMall, so I go over for lunch just about every day...I go in there a lot too...

I've probably been standing right next to you pondering why a Red Chris Chelios Hab is $19.99 and a white one is $69.99 *L*

Besides, it's not like companies were banging Twist's door down to offer him endorsement deals.  What a joke....only in America  :angry:.

(and yes, I'm American)

I would realize that it wasn't intended to impersonate my likeness, and I certainly wouldn't sue over it. Twist was just coming off a career-ending motorcycle injury and obviously did it for monetary reasons. He should just sit back on that money and disappear because he sure as hell sucks as a color analyst.

It's only the comic book business filing for bankruptcy - the toy company isn't filing - in fact they are listed as the second largest creditor of the comic company, being owed over $600,000. At least that's what ESPN say - ESPN story

The Comic company is worth pennies compared to Mcfarlane Toys.

Some of the earlier figures from series 1 and 2 are worth some pretty good cash.

I have every regular figure from series 1-9 and probably 35 chase pieces (alternate jerseys).

If anyone has questions about them ask. Im a regular on the spawn board.

Derek