Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bookseeb

Has anyone tried Zoombang protective shirt (pic)

ZBP0043-600x600.jpg

ZOOMBANG Back/Shoulder/Deltoid Protective Shirt Adult

I've been researching different padded shirts, because of a shoulder injury. I was going to go with the Reebok 9k, but can't find XL size anymore, my understanding is that they are discontinuing that shirt. I like the protection and long sleeve of the Zoombang, I know Underarmour has long sleeve but doesn't seem to have the protection as this.

Just wondering if there are any wearers out there that can give me a review for comfort, sizing, durability, etc.

Thanks, Brad

Just curious- coming back from shoulder injury, and you are looking to wear this under proper pads? Or, in lieu of? (or other?)

I haven't seen them in years, the material they use is fairly heavy and I question the efficacy of their padding. I have used the GForm shorts and would strongly suggest taking a look at their shirt products.

I'm looking for under the pads and I've never heard of or seen G-Form until mentioned, looked them up and seems like a viable option, but spendy. With the Zoombang, weight was my concern also.

I have the shirt you linked but with just the top shoulder padding. I got it to wear under my chest protector when I play goalie. After 2-3 years the foams stuff has turned into a gel like thing and you can push it in a lot with your hands. That said it has gone through a TONNE of washes.

As for protection it has definitely helped my shoulders, before pucks hurt when I got hit up high and now they rarely do. They definitely are not the most mobile things but they work pretty good with the range of motion you need but you notice they are there when you put them on (once playing I can't tell).

The padded parts have a plastic like part connecting the pads to the shirt, but the shirt itself is a normal sports shirt material. Super stretchy and not too hot for me considering I wear an long sleeve shirt underneath and then I wear the sleeveless Zoombang shirt. But mine is a white material and I can't tell from their images if it is the same or not.

Are you trying to protect yourself from getting a dislocated or separated shoulder? I don't see how a shirt like this can protect against anything but a bruise. I think you'd be better off getting more protective shoulder pads.

Yea, I've already upgraded to the Bauer APX 2 from my shoulder pads to shin guard, just looking for extra protection underneath the pads for that mental as well as physical protection after the shoulder surgery. Rick, thanks for the link, Thants another one I haven't seen That I'll check out.

WSI also makes some shirts with added shoulder protection, but most of those are sleeveless and in the football line.