Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adam14

Trade deadline winners and losers

What does everybody think of their teams now that we've passed the deadline? Personally I don't think the bruins did enough to solidify themselves into a playoff spot but I guess we'll see how that ends down the stretch.

Although the coyotes pretty much sold the farm they have potential to be a very solid squad if they don't manage their next 3-5 years like the oilers have.

What are everyone's thoughts?

I think the Habs had some solid pickups that should help them with depth and character.

The Leafs did as expected and get what they could as far as picks and prospects. Happy to see Jokinen go to the Blues. Clarkson was a steal. And I'm expect Phaneuf, Kessel and Lupul were all just too hard to move at the deadline and are much more likely to go in the summer.

It seemed the better teams were fairly quiet, which isn't too surprising.

I don't see any real deadline losers, yet. I think everyone who made trades accomplished what they were looking for.

I'm content with the Rangers' moves. Bringig in Yandle will help the D corps and the PP. Re-signing Zuccarello was big as well.

I don't see any real deadline losers, yet. I think everyone who made trades accomplished what they were looking for.

I don't know, I think that Tampa overpaid for Coburn by a substantial margin.

I'm content with the Rangers' moves. Bringig in Yandle will help the D corps and the PP. Re-signing Zuccarello was big as well.

I don't know, I think that Tampa overpaid for Coburn by a substantial margin.

Tampa may have overpaid a bit for Coburn, but they mitigated the loss by acquiring a couple of 2nds for Connolley.

I don't see any huge losers in these trades, yet, but future could prove otherwise. I feel like teams moved around pieces and played it fairly smart, filling needs.

If I had to pick a team that won the hardest, I would say it was Winnipeg

The Pens were obviously losers. They give a 1st rd , promising young Dman, in Despres to the Ducks, for a 30 yr old guy they previously traded away for a 5th, in Lovejoy. Pittsburgh - Loser!

The Pens were obviously losers. They give a 1st rd , promising young Dman, in Despres to the Ducks, for a 30 yr old guy they previously traded away for a 5th, in Lovejoy. Pittsburgh - Loser!

Obviously, they needed more toughness. They still have a couple guys on the team that aren't known for their cheap shots.

Obviously, they needed more toughness. They still have a couple guys on the team that aren't known for their cheap shots.

I know what you mean.......... that team is a mess. Most of the team is made up of candy a$$' or cheap shot artists. Funny mix

I know what you mean.......... that team is a mess. Most of the team is made up of candy a$$' or cheap shot artists. Funny mix

My post was pure sarcasm, based mostly on the number of cheap shot guys that dress on a nightly basis. I really do not like the direction that team has been going with their player acquisitions for the last couple seasons.

I was picking up on the sarcasm...... And think the same about the "garage Leaguer", as Mario used to call them, dressing. Mario showing a double standard......

I really liked what the Wings did. Cole is another big power forward, good hands - a nice counterpoint to the Euro skill. Zidlicky has already paid dividends with a game winner last night.