Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

itslunchtime

Shin pads for skinny legs?

As the topic states, I am in the market for some new shins pads for my chicken legs.

Looking for some that fit very snug on the leg and close to the knee - I have some old Easton's that are not bad but seem to be alittle wider in the calf/ knee than I would like

Stealth would fit a lot better for thin legs than mako would. Mako widen as they go up fairly substantially (outside of the normal taper). I've found a great wrap for my shins in the RBZ, and between that and the stealth from a few years ago is where I find most comfortable fit. I've tried others and just not been as happy

Yes, the RBZ pads are slim and the neoprene straps on the top of the line model feel very comfortable and secure. If I needed new shins right now they'd certainly be at the top of my list.

My 2012 Projekts that I use for ice have hardly been used and the Bauer Supreme SMUs (cross between One60s and One80s) I use for roller are still in good condition; so I'm not in the market right now, but still have a habit of trying on things on a regular basis. That way I already have a short list when I need something new or can grab something if I see a great sale or clearance price - the RBZ pads are certainly a pair that has stood out for me when it comes to shins released in the last couple years.

I have the same problem. Skinny, skinny chicken legs.

I have the Stealth 85S II right now. These hug my really nice. Also, the knee is not too wide, which is also often a problem.

The only issue is that the pad does nto fully cover the back of my calf. But, otherwise I have been very happy with them.