Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DekeHead

Proper skate fit

Up until very recently (6-7 years in my case is recently) I almost always wore my shoe size in CCM's and Bauers..but EE width in the old Bauers.

Coffey was a size 10 shoe and 7 ¼ skate.

I'm a size 10, maybe a 10.5 shoe and am currently skating in 7.5 Grafs (I skate barefoot, which probably saves a little space) and I feel like I could probably drop down to a 7 and still be pretty comfortable. It's all personal preference.

Coffey also used to have the steel ground down to just about nothing, with very little hollow, as well.

Skate sizing is actually weird for me. Right now, I wear an 8 KSwiss shoe and a 7 D Vapor X. In a couple of days, I'm buying a pair of 8.5 XX's from a guy off my team and they feel great, is this unusual?

Does anybody actually know the difference in measurement between sizes in the Bauer lineup (e.g., a size 8 is X inches bigger than a size 7)?

For one size I'm pretty sure it's 1/3". It is for shoe size, anyways... I don't think skates would be any different.

Skate sizing is actually weird for me. Right now, I wear an 8 KSwiss shoe and a 7 D Vapor X. In a couple of days, I'm buying a pair of 8.5 XX's from a guy off my team and they feel great, is this unusual?

the 7 and the 8.5 both can't fit properly.