Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VegasHockey

Pittsburgh sucks this year....

It's early and I know they're missing Crosby and know Letang left the game vs. the Habs early the other night. They're the defending champs and have all their key guys back. They just had a long cup run and have some key injuries - as long as they can get a few wins here and there early they should be OK over the course of the season. I'd rather be playing crappy in October and winning in the second half and in the playoffs then start out looking like world beaters and then falling off a cliff like my favourite team, the Canadiens, did last year (and I know losing Price hurt a lot, but they still shouldn't have completely fell apart like they did).

This is the same team that was so bad last year that they fired the coach and then went on to win the cup, right? The east is still fairly weak compared to the west, only a handful of teams are projected to be "elite". The Pens should have no problem making the playoffs and potentially having home ice for a round or two at least. 

10 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

The Vancouver Canucks are an elite team this year...

Too early to tell. Out of 4 games they have played they won only 1 game in regulation time against Sabers which is a bottom team. They went to shut-outs with Flames which is pretty much a struggling team that still trying to find the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground. Next two games are against Ducks and Kings which are ill performing at this time. Lets see what happens starting October 25. I am not saying they are not elite team, just saying, they had an easy(ish) streak this far and did struggle with closing those clean. 

I would say Blues or Oilers  looks more elite than other teams in the Western, but still a bit early to call. 

7 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Too early to tell. Out of 4 games they have played they won only 1 game in regulation time against Sabers which is a bottom team. They went to shut-outs with Flames which is pretty much a struggling team that still trying to find the difference between their ass and a hole in the ground. Next two games are against Ducks and Kings which are ill performing at this time. Lets see what happens starting October 25. I am not saying they are not elite team, just saying, they had an easy(ish) streak this far and did struggle with closing those clean. 

I would say Blues or Oilers  looks more elite than other teams in the Western, but still a bit early to call. 

hes being sarcastic.

i watched bits of the Sharks Pens game -

I think the Penguins still have the hangover from last season being the cup win - ontop of that their key guys did play in the world cup of hockey and injuries arent helping them.

But the style of hockey they are playing is similar... also in the few games ive watched they havent had alot of puck luck either.

It can turn around very quickly though

They're literally 3-1-1 with their best player (who happens to be the best player on the planet) out of the lineup.

In other news, Vancouver is 4-0-0 and Thomas Vanek is top 10 in the NHL in scoring. Relax.