Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GQRDY

Plugging holes in skate outsole

trying to keep a long story short.

So I converted my old ice hockey skates to inline a while ago, best inline skates I have ever had. But yesterday was my first tournament using them had 3 games 2 back to back, they were fine for the first 2 but in the 3rd a load of water or sweat started coming out of the boot onto the wheels ( I don't wear socks which might not have helped) and was pretty much like I was skating on ice with inline skates + squeaking.

I need to plug the holes on the bottom of the outsole with something, what would be the best thing to use some kind of waterproof silicone sealer? glue?

Maybe try an auto parts store for some of those "Christmas Tree" interior clips.  Install them from the inside of the skate and trim off the excess from the bottom of the boot.  That was the first thing that popped into my head.

Silicon or anything else you use doesn't help, you are still generating sweat inside the boot and it WILL eventually leak out and run down onto your wheels. I've had the same problem for many years using either inline or converted ice skates. Buy yourself a shammy (I use this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ACAO9K4?psc=1) cut a footbed shape and fit them under your insole. Change them every game if you play multiple games is a day. If you still leak use multiple of them.

Also great as a skull cap if you sweat a lot and want to stop sweat running into your eyes.

17 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Wear socks :)

cant its so uncomfortable compared to not wearing socks :)

going to try some epoxy, hope that works

Good luck. I did try this, it doesn't work unless you also seal the rivet / bolt holes that hold the chassis on and you also seal the edges of the boot eg toe cap etc. It didn't matter what I sealed, I still leaked sweat onto my wheels. You need to put something into your boot that will absorb the sweat and that you can readily change out as required. Just because you seal the holes it doesn't mean you stop sweating, lets say you seal everything up then where does the sweat go? You end up with your feet swimming in it.

thanks, they are fine for an hour, even for 2 hours. Think it was the 3 games with 2 back to back. I would rather have my feet swimming in sweat then it on my wheels :)

10 minutes ago, Vet88 said:

Good luck. I did try this, it doesn't work unless you also seal the rivet / bolt holes that hold the chassis on and you also seal the edges of the boot eg toe cap etc. It didn't matter what I sealed, I still leaked sweat onto my wheels. You need to put something into your boot that will absorb the sweat and that you can readily change out as required. Just because you seal the holes it doesn't mean you stop sweating, lets say you seal everything up then where does the sweat go? You end up with your feet swimming in it.