Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeff T

Back to skating after 30 years, struggling with my Jetspeeds...

20 minutes ago, Allsports&Cycle said:

Sports Excellence is a buying group, like Source for Sports. Not sure if you have those where you are, but they're groups of independent sports store owners who (basically) pool their money to have better buying power, and thus better discounts from the suppliers so they can compete better with the Hockey Monkeys of the world. They also have SMU (Special Make Ups) models made with different names, such as the Jetspeed Xtra that Jeff T. bought.

Got it... I thought it is something that signifies their customer care and product knowledge yes, I think you are right about where I am... it looks like Hockey Monkeys of this world are pretty much the only game in town for buying hockey gear. 

Long day... Went back to the shop that I bought my skates from today. I sat down with two of the fitters and I explained everything I have done and experienced with the Jetspeed's. They both agreed that while some discomfort is expected, ongoing pain is not. They remeasured me and I think I tried on most everything in the store. One difference this time, we went with EE skates. With every pair there was the immediate question, how do they feel... It wasn't til I tried on a pair of Bauer Supreme Ignite that I smiled. They went on and felt like they belonged on my feet.

We laced them up and I walked around the shop almost 45 minutes. No arch pain. Had them baked and out the door I went almost 3 hours later.

(I will admit the Nexus 1N's were nice, but just a little out of my price range!)

Thanks to all those that commented and gave tips and advice. Tomorrow I'm off to the rink!!

Howdy,

Sounds like you're on a better path.  Hopefully they gave you a trade in or something on the Jetspeeds they originally fit you with?

Mark

8 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Sounds like you're on a better path.  Hopefully they gave you a trade in or something on the Jetspeeds they originally fit you with?

Mark

They exchanged the Jetspeed's... So I'm all good on that!

Howdy,

Wow, that's great to hear!  Sounds like some pretty nice customer service there.  :-)

Mark

OK, hit the rink for two hours with the new Bauers today and they were night and day different than the Jetspeeds. Going to a wide skate made all the difference for me. I really liked the "look" of the Jetspeeds, but what fits is first!

I did call the shop and let them know how I made out as well. 

2 hours ago, Jeff T said:

OK, hit the rink for two hours with the new Bauers today and they were night and day different than the Jetspeeds. Going to a wide skate made all the difference for me. I really liked the "look" of the Jetspeeds, but what fits is first!

Great news. 

On 1/13/2017 at 4:50 PM, Jeff T said:

Great to hear!