Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Alpha QX Glove

7 hours ago, jpeaslee said:

The retail pro model has that waffle looking vented material on the backhand.  Do you notice any difference in the heat retention/venting in the two?

No. I haven't really noticed a difference. Both gloves run a little on the warm side but once I'm on the ice I don't notice or think about it. 

10 hours ago, jpeaslee said:

The retail pro model has that waffle looking vented material on the backhand.  Do you notice any difference in the heat retention/venting in the two?

2 hours ago, Swlabr11 said:

No. I haven't really noticed a difference. Both gloves run a little on the warm side but once I'm on the ice I don't notice or think about it. 

Basically this. Though I haven't been using my retail ones recently because I despise the cuff on them.

On 2017-07-11 at 4:18 PM, JR Boucicaut said:

The custom glove is not the retail glove.  

That's why it's called Alpha Pro, not QX or QX Pro.

Since the AxyFlex cuff isn't on the custom glove, the notch there is needed for movement.

We're doing a team order of the "Alpha Pro Team Glove", other than the cuff are there any other differences between the Alpha QX Pro and Alpha Pro Team? My main concern is protection. Thanks!

Well the Alpha Pro Team is inferior to the Alpha Pro, and I don't think many people in here have ordered the Team glove. As far as QX Pro vs Alpha Pro, protection is pretty much the same.

@Miseaujeu I noticed on the customizer there's an Alpha Pro Plus where the only difference from the Alpha Pro is the protective padding. What's the difference between the two? Is one lighter or have more ventilation than the other?