Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

Alpha QX Glove

Recommended Posts

If anyone is interested. Here is a breakdown between the QX and the QX Pro gloves in terms of materials and construction. It is long but I tend to go over every little detail and like to talk.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hills said:

If anyone is interested. Here is a breakdown between the QX and the QX Pro gloves in terms of materials and construction. It is long but I tend to go over every little detail and like to talk.

 

Wow!  Awesome write-up and video...great work.

https://hockeyreviews.ca/2017/04/04/warrior-alpha-qx-vs-qx-pro-glove-comparison-warriorvip/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:17 AM, Hills said:

If anyone is interested. Here is a breakdown between the QX and the QX Pro gloves in terms of materials and construction. It is long but I tend to go over every little detail and like to talk.

 

Great video. I'm keen to hear your thoughts between the two after some game time.

I'm surprised about the difference between finger gussets on the two. They are advertised as being the same "Responsive lycra gussets" on both gloves. So actually seeing that the QX Pro gussets have noticeably less stretch (or none?) is surprising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SCATMAN said:

Great video. I'm keen to hear your thoughts between the two after some game time.

I'm surprised about the difference between finger gussets on the two. They are advertised as being the same "Responsive lycra gussets" on both gloves. So actually seeing that the QX Pro gussets have noticeably less stretch (or none?) is surprising.

Thanks, I'll have more in depth comments when I get to use them more.

On Warrior's breakdown of the gloves the QX Pro mentions non-stretch gussets.

https://warriorhockey.com/2017/03/22/alpha-qx-gloves-full-line-details/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice video @Hills!  How do you feel the fit compares to the QRL, specifically in terms of across the back of the hand and the way the cuff fits and moves with you? Really looking forward to getting my hands into a pair of these when they become available near me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tcraig said:

Nice video @Hills!  How do you feel the fit compares to the QRL, specifically in terms of across the back of the hand and the way the cuff fits and moves with you? Really looking forward to getting my hands into a pair of these when they become available near me. 

Thanks! I'll do a video talking about fit in the near future.

Edited by Hills
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

Nice work @Hills.  Is there a weight difference between the two?  Differences in protection?

My QX Pros are 14" and the QXs are 15"  so the weight comparison doesn't reflect the true comparison since they are different sizes. But the 14" QX Pros are 283 grams and the 15" QXs are 310 grams. Only difference for protection is the QX has a 3 piece segmented middle finger so there is less of a gap in the finger segments than on the QX Pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

A Warrior cuff roll Photoshopped onto a pair of Techniflex gloves.

I'm not that good at photoshop. This is an old fashioned special effects trick, a warrior cuff roll attached to a pair of techniflex with tape. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that have tried out the Irish Alphas they don't come close to how nice the QX feels. While they are still nice gloves the QX is on a whole different level. I've got three games this week and I'll post a review soon. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swlabr11 said:
For those that have tried out the Irish Alphas they don't come close to how nice the QX feels. While they are still nice gloves the QX is on a whole different level. I've got three games this week and I'll post a review soon. 

Nice.  It's funny that I shipped two items to the same MSHer in the past week (I also shipped your stick.)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-04-07 at 11:24 AM, tcraig said:

Nice video @Hills!  How do you feel the fit compares to the QRL, specifically in terms of across the back of the hand and the way the cuff fits and moves with you? Really looking forward to getting my hands into a pair of these when they become available near me. 

I put these on yesterday at my LHS and I tried the QX.

Length on 14 felt great, normal for 14... the cuff is flared quite a bit so that the cuff really doesn't move with you. Because it's so flared I'd be worried that they'd be slashed wrist attractors, so felt that was more marketing than practical. They are very soft 'out-of-the-box', palm felt good. Overall, the glove feels quite light, but very very padded. If you like large padded gloves, then these might be for you.. 

I did feel though that they'd get very hot, there's large soft padding on the back of the hand. I have no idea why more gloves aren't designed like the Reebok 30k with venting (and they also have a moveable cuff).. I wore the QX round the store for 10 minutes and hands were getting pretty sweaty and I'm not a sweaty guy.. All they need to do is put holes in the padding on the back of your hand and some breathable fabric and honestly, I might have bought them. But just like the QRL's I have that are now sitting on my shelf - I feel I would have bought these and they would have joined their brothers on the same shelf. Grrrrr!

Edited by RickDC
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the Alpha QX glove fit comparison video I mentioned before. I tried to compare a 14" Narrow Warrior Franchise with the 14" Warrior Alpha QX Pro and then my 15" Warrior QRL Pro with the 15" Alpha QX gloves. If that didn't answer the correct questions, or if the video caused more questions to be asked please let me know and I'll answer it the best I can.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Tried on a pair at my local HM, ordered a pair in a color they didn't have in stock. These gloves feel great! Solid product @Miseaujeu!

That's great to hear!  Exactly what our design team and product team were looking for when building the specs/materials and fit.  All credit must be directed to them - I'm simply the guy who talks about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time lurker. First time poster. These gloves brought me out of the shadows.

I splurged and pre-ordered the QX for me and the QX3s for my son. The QX model is unbelievably comfortable and the fingers are very nimble and soft. The whole palm is straight Barbara Streisand, all buttah. 

My son had the week off so he'll be getting his paces in with his gloves this week but as far as mine go these things are amazing. Snug in all the right places, back of the hand, index finger, and thumb without being bothersome. The wide cuff doesn't really allow the flexcuff to engage but that's fine with me. I like it snug on the hand and bit more traditional fit on the wrists. The only question now is how durable they are going forward and, frankly, only time will tell on that. But I can tell these are very well constructed and, out of the box, are a solid value. Again, assuming the materials hold up as expected, I look forward to enjoying these bad boys for years to come.

Edited by Oso_Blanco
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 17, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Oso_Blanco said:

Long time lurker. First time poster. These gloves brought me out of the shadows.

I splurged and pre-ordered the QX for me and the QX3s for my son. The QX model is unbelievably comfortable and the fingers are very nimble and soft. The whole palm is straight Barbara Streisand, all buttah. 

My son had the week off so he'll be getting his paces in with his gloves this week but as far as mine go these things are amazing. Snug in all the right places, back of the hand, index finger, and thumb without being bothersome. The wide cuff doesn't really allow the flexcuff to engage but that's fine with me. I like it snug on the hand and bit more traditional fit on the wrists. The only question now is how durable they are going forward and, frankly, only time will tell on that. But I can tell these are very well constructed and, out of the box, are a solid value. Again, assuming the materials hold up as expected, I look forward to enjoying these bad boys for years to come.

Great feedback.  Glad the QX gloves got you away from lurking and posting this great comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

Great feedback.  Glad the QX gloves got you away from lurking and posting this great comment.

Thanks. I've lurked here and used so much of the material to help me navigate the sometimes overwhelming equipment options in the game I thought I should offer something to hopefully help someone out there like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oso_Blanco said:

Thanks. I've lurked here and used so much of the material to help me navigate the sometimes overwhelming equipment options in the game I thought I should offer something to hopefully help someone out there like me.

people helping people - that's what it's all about.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...