Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jgold47

(re)ordering a prostock stick?

I've got a great prostock stick that I love everything about (it has a custom curve, etc...).  If was willing to bite the bullet and get 6 or whatever, is it possible to contact CCM and order those exact sticks based on the code (or a newer style stick with those exact specs)?  More curious about this from the exercise perspective, but thought I would ask. 

thanks... 

If it's CCM yes, if you can get a hold of a CCM rep that's willing to they can order a batch for you. I believe technically any CCM authorized dealer can do it/put you  in touch with their rep to do it. The minimum order is 6.

Just curious, whose stick/what specs are you looking at getting done? 

CCM yes, just give the dealer/rep that E##### on the name bar.

Not sure how it works for other companies, but I know for a fact that it's a no-go with Bauer.

On 4/5/2017 at 7:04 PM, tcraig said:

If it's CCM yes, if you can get a hold of a CCM rep that's willing to they can order a batch for you. I believe technically any CCM authorized dealer can do it/put you  in touch with their rep to do it. The minimum order is 6.

Just curious, whose stick/what specs are you looking at getting done? 

Carter Camper

Its a 40K, 75flex, and the blade is basically a P88, but thick, tall and long (and with a semi square toe).  I really like the balance of the heavier blade with the super light shaft.  I'm not sure I like it to the tune of 1200 bucks or whatever it is to order all of them, but was curious about the ability to order them if I all the sudden start putting up Gretzky like numbers. 

BjsJZlI.jpgirqqxU2.jpgSnCnW9X.jpgbM7cE2Q.jpg

@jgold47ah ok cool.  Did that stick have the barcode sticker up at the top of the shaft as well when you got it? There's a decent chance it's not actually a retail "40k" (different shaft construction, flex zones/kick point, etc.). The barcode sticker usually indicates the true build (i.e. SV, SC, FV, etc.).  All of that information should be able to be pulled up by CCM using the player identifier number (Exxxxxx) and V01.  The "T" indicates that it is a "traditional" shaft shape (square), as opposed to contoured (think rounder corners, like vapor). 

It's worth exploring how much it would cost if you can find a rep to order through...I'm not sure how much it runs for "normal" customers to do a batch of 6.  I know someone who is an equipment manager for a team with a CCM contract, and I believe he said that it's $600 for a 6 pack when he orders them for his guys.  I'm not sure how much that has to do with it being a team vs. the general public, but worth looking into, as you could always keep 3 and sell 3 to recoup some of the costs. 

6 for $600 is getting you a CCM "team" stick. Those tend to be a step down from top of the line, generally a stronger shaft with top line features tossed into the blade.

1 hour ago, tcraig said:

@jgold47ah ok cool.  Did that stick have the barcode sticker up at the top of the shaft as well when you got it? There's a decent chance it's not actually a retail "40k" (different shaft construction, flex zones/kick point, etc.). The barcode sticker usually indicates the true build (i.e. SV, SC, FV, etc.).  All of that information should be able to be pulled up by CCM using the player identifier number (Exxxxxx) and V01.  The "T" indicates that it is a "traditional" shaft shape (square), as opposed to contoured (think rounder corners, like vapor). 

It's worth exploring how much it would cost if you can find a rep to order through...I'm not sure how much it runs for "normal" customers to do a batch of 6.  I know someone who is an equipment manager for a team with a CCM contract, and I believe he said that it's $600 for a 6 pack when he orders them for his guys.  I'm not sure how much that has to do with it being a team vs. the general public, but worth looking into, as you could always keep 3 and sell 3 to recoup some of the costs. 

No it was cut before it came to me. 

4 hours ago, chippa13 said:

6 for $600 is getting you a CCM "team" stick. Those tend to be a step down from top of the line, generally a stronger shaft with top line features tossed into the blade.

Ah true, he may have meant that is what they require the players to pay on top for custom sticks. They supply the players the LK coded sticks free of charge, but if they want customs they're that price. Makes more sense now that I think about it, good call.