Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nutters

Hip protection issues

I used to be a lot bigger, but over the years lost a bunch of weight. Last year I needed new pants just because of sizing, and went with Tacks 4052 pants as they seemed quite protective for mid-level pants. Unfortunately after an accidental slew foot in January where I landed on my boney right hip.

It seems that and bump or fall re-aggravates the discomfort. I've tried adding padding and a new padded jock, but the issue always comes back.

At this point are more protective pants my only solution or any other suggestions?  (I know not fall, but it''s rare that I do though sometimes two guys collide into you and...). ANY advice is appreciated. Thanks!

If you can find them, Old high level Reebok's (9K, 20K, 7Kpro, 18K) .. bulletproof protection for hips, thighs, tailbone, spine.. Go for 7K pros or 18K if you prefer mobility

9ks if you can find them (they run small so if u are a tight medium u wld need a large 9k) then add some nfl padded compression shorts with good hip padding for underneath. This is about the most hip protection you can find, something I need after 2 hip ops.

Thanks guys! Just a few things, Would Ultra Tacks pants be good regarding hip protection? I'm sure I can still find them on clearance. Regarding sizing, I'm sure I can slide down to a Medium as I lost around 20 pounds since I bought those pants (my height says large, yet by weight is medium like my shoulder pads.) Already wear football compression shorts, they really take the pain from initial impact but the after aches remain.