Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MikeG

Sidney Crosby Pro Stock Stick

Looking to see if any one can provide some insight on a Sidney Crosby Pro Stock Stick that I received today via eBay and whether it was truly made for Sidney Crosby. The stick is a CCM Trigger and says Crosby 87 in big bold letters down the shaft like you see on TV and than has the codes underneath it M,100,T, E09586, V02. The stick did not come with the bar code sticker at the top to confirm it was actually made for him. The stick does have a sandpaper texture all the way down the shaft, I am not sure if that is a feature he currently uses or one that he might have been testing out at some point.

Blimey that is expensive. I guess he uses a new stick for every game. Or for each period. Or maybe he changes to a new one for each shift to maximise stick usage. :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Leif said:

Blimey that is expensive. I guess he uses a new stick for every game. Or for each period. Or maybe he changes to a new one for each shift to maximise stick usage. :biggrin:

From what I remember, he's actually the opposite. He uses his equipment until it's completely worn out and broken, especially sticks.

2 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

From what I remember, he's actually the opposite. He uses his equipment until it's completely worn out and broken, especially sticks.

I can't say it as fact, but he is using essentially the same stick since juniors with minor tech tweaks. Just what I was told.

Interesting with there being no sticker. Every pro stock stick of his I've seen in stores has the sticker  covered up with 2-3 different stickers.

On 1/30/2018 at 12:37 PM, nutters said:

I can't say it as fact, but he is using essentially the same stick since juniors with minor tech tweaks. Just what I was told.

He used a 2 piece with a standard (not tapered) wood blade for his first 2 years or so in the NHL, so I'd say it's more than "minor" tech tweaks.