Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predshockey17

Abs Blades

Am I the only one who has a hard time finding these? I play outdoors everyday in the summer. And Franklin was the only kinda I used. And they stopped making hockey stuff now. So does anyone have any good Abs blades, that they could tell me about?

CCM V20 and V60 blades have held up really well for me on smooth concrete. If ABS is a must, look for Koho blades at www.epuck.com

are there any tapered ABS blades out there? Mainly for use with roller hockey...

the closest thing would be some of the easton hybrid blades.

I normally play with the Koho Jagr ABS for roller and I like them, they are extremely durable.

Dude!!! Thats my fav setup for hockey in general! Im currently using an Koho Crossover, Jagr curve. Have been using Jagr curves for the past 2 years and am kinda addicted. Also you can always find one in Aus too which I love.

Durability wise I go through them quick as I use them at least 4 times a week season or off. On surfaces ranging from Sport Court to the Delivery bay at work (Smooth to rough concrete depending on where the puck lands!)

In closing, top buy the ol' Koho Jagr's!

Me and my buddies play outdoor hockey everyday of everyweek in the summer,so I go through many sticks and wheels. First off someone mentioned in one of the other posts the X-ABS by easton sucks, that is 100% correct,dont even look at it in the store. I have quite a few different outdoor setups. I use a cheaper shaft(Easton Yzerman)With a Easton Z-ABS blade, that is the good outdoor blade Easton makes, and an over all good outdoor stick.Only problem was the Z-ABS only comes in one pattern(Yzerman) and that is not a good pattern for me as I wear the heel down very quick with the way I skate and shoot. So then I bought a TPS ABS 2500 I think its called, It had a 5 lie so it worked much better,and I stuffed it into a TPS Rubber,it still hasnt broken,and I have had it since last summer. So if you dont need a 5 lie look at the Z-ABS,and if you do need a 5 lie TPS makes a good one.

o0o yeah Almost forgot, to the guy who said something about hybrid blades,it does kinda work! My friend used an Easton tapered one all summer,only thing was when he took it inside it was pretty much done!

Ordered one from Inlinewarehouse yesterday :)

The only thing about Jagr pattern that I don't like is the square toe...

Pass a sand paper on it until it gets round. that's what I do. Also I spraypaint all the blade black.

Aussie Joe, I also play alot in one week. What I mean by durable is they don't break after a week like others.

Pass a sand paper on it until it gets round. that's what I do. Also I spraypaint all the blade black.

Aussie Joe, I also play alot in one week. What I mean by durable is they don't break after a week like others.

I love that about ABS and ABS core wood blades. Doesnt matter what lie and what shape blade I got, I can always shave'em down till it's better.

are there any tapered ABS blades out there?  Mainly for use with roller hockey...

the closest thing would be some of the easton hybrid blades.

I don't think there are tapered ABS blades available. You could buy a regular ABS and shave it down... but yea, the Synthesis Hybrid blade is as close as it comes I guess.

i play outdoor hockey all the time on pavement and there are 2 blades i would recommend.

Koho 2100 Senior ABS Hockey Blade ~$14.99

http://www.hockeygiant.com/kohblad2100sr.html

Sherwood 405 ABS ~$19.99

http://www.hockeysportstore.com/sherwood405abs.html

The Koho 2100 blade lasts a little longer than the Sherwood, but if you like a big curve you are much more likely to prefer the Sherwood blade.

I have tried the Easton blades and they all seem to split into two after some use. The Koho 2260 C21 Crossover Blades are pretty good - except when the blade wears down to the wood insert in the middle - then the blade starts to split in two.

Nike blades are ok - but they are not very durable - i see alot of people break them on slapshots.

If you're wonderin about any other blades just ask - cause i have tried alot of them...

I use a Jofa outdoor blade. It's heavy and has a frikkin ginormous curve, but it hasn't worn down at all.

Those are solid for outdoor hockey. It's pretty easy to heat 'em up and recurve them if you're not a big fan of the hook they come with.

I use a Jofa outdoor blade.  It's heavy and has a frikkin ginormous curve, but it hasn't worn down at all.

Those are solid for outdoor hockey. It's pretty easy to heat 'em up and recurve them if you're not a big fan of the hook they come with.

Which blade? The 5500? Red or the Blue?

I think it is the 5500...can't remember. The only difference between the red and the blue is the curve (red = banana, blue = smaller mid curve).

Thanks for the advice Kovy! ;) I think I will round off the bottom part (top of the blade isn't used for toe drags anyway). Are you sure the wood part is hidden deep enough(its crossover blade)? Exposing it by sanding would probably ruin the blade...

i have used the jofa blades in the past and i really like the curve of them - but the ones that i used had a wood insert in the middle of the blade - alot like the crossover koho blade

which blade are you thinking of trying???

im suprised at the lack of selection in general when it comes to ABS blades - im sure not quite as much money can be made compared to ice hockey - but you would think with all the research they do on these synergies and such they would figure out something better for street hockey