Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Leinbachjon

NHL Authentic Jerseys

I recently bought an authentic golden knights jersey on shop.nhl.com, I received the jersey today and was not happy with the finished product. As many might know, when the NHL rebranded with adidas this season a few teams jerseys started using perforated numbers( the stars, panthers, knights ) come to mind as well as a few others. When I received my jersey today the numbers on the jersey did not have the perforations, instead they had what appeared to be knock off numbers. I’m curious to if anybody else has stumbled across this. I’ve contacted shop nhl, the golden knights store, as well as the Dallas stars store to see if the jerseys they sold to fans were just like this, or if it was something fluky. I can’t seem to upload images from my phone, but to get an idea what it looks like instead of perforated holes it looks like some took an ink pen and neetly dotted the numbers to appear like they had holes in them.

Edited by Leinbachjon
Spelling

10 hours ago, Leinbachjon said:

I recently bought an authentic golden knights jersey on shop.nhl.com, I received the jersey today and was not happy with the finished product. As many might know, when the NHL rebranded with adidas this season a few teams jerseys started using perforated numbers( the stars, panthers, knights ) come to mind as well as a few others. When I received my jersey today the numbers on the jersey did not have the perforations, instead they had what appeared to be knock off numbers. I’m curious to if anybody else has stumbled across this. I’ve contacted shop nhl, the golden knights store, as well as the Dallas stars store to see if the jerseys they sold to fans were just like this, or if it was something fluky. I can’t seem to upload images from my phone, but to get an idea what it looks like instead of perforated holes it looks like some took an ink pen and neetly dotted the numbers to appear like they had holes in them.

The stitching from the NHL store isn't going to be the same as authentic. There are other places that will supply legitimate stitching, just not the NHL Store.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockeyjerseys/wiki/trustedsellers#wiki_retail_stores.3A

The Adidas authentic jerseys aren't what the players wear anyway. The only way to get a proper on ice one is to buy a gamer, or know a player.

As to get the customisation spot on, you're best off messaging EPS see if they can do it, or finding out who does the Knights jerseys and see if they can do it for you.

15 hours ago, Leinbachjon said:

Send it back then...

Yeah...if you want TRULY authentic, what you need to look for are either "GAME WORN" or "TEAM ISSUED" jerseys.  "Game worn" jerseys are pretty self explanatory - and, depending on the name on the back, can be EXTREMELY expensive.  "Team issued" jerseys are jerseys that were actually purchased by the team equipment managers and delivered to the team; but for whatever reason, were not distributed to a player.  When compared to game worn jerseys, team issued jerseys can be relatively inexpensive; however, they (generally) don't have names/numbers on them. 

As mentioned by Left Wing King, far as customization goes, you can contact Exclusive Pro Sports and see if they can help you.  They don't currently have Vegas listed on their site, but it's definitely worth an email or a phone call.  Fair warning, ESP doesn't sell jerseys - they only do customization, so you would have to SEND your jersey to them; wait for them to customize it; and then have them send it back. 

Or, yes....you could contact the jersey customizers that the Knights use, but seeing as how you're in Northern Indiana, that may not be a reasonable option for you.  

Anyway.  Good luck!

5 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Could be worse... There's a guy selling this on sidelineswap who claims he had it made at the ACC. 

image.png.c724494267fb096ebb7fd19541075c92.png

During the Reebok era there were teams who offered in-arena cresting.  The Leafs were one of those teams.  It's a lower quality heat press made to look like it's stitched.

20 minutes ago, mickz said:

During the Reebok era there were teams who offered in-arena cresting.  The Leafs were one of those teams.  It's a lower quality heat press made to look like it's stitched.

It’s also the completely wrong font.