Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
CigarScott

K1 Sportswear Jerseys

I know that this is an odd request, but I’d like to get a couple more jerseys made by K1 Sportswear in size 5xl. They’re the only company that I know of that makes them this big which are long enough, wide enough in the shoulders, and big enough in the arms for me to wear with pads. I bought one of their Miracle on Ice replicas and love it but would prefer not spending $90 on jerseys just for stick & pucks and learn to play classes.

I talked to someone at K1 about trying to buy any oddball jerseys in 5xl that they may have lying around but they don’t have any extra jerseys just lying around, particularly in that size and they can’t make one-offs.  She suggested that I reach out to any team organizers or LHS that order jerseys from K1 to see if I could get a 5xl jersey tacked on to someone else’s order. I’m not fussy when it comes to the design so if anyone that works at a LHS or is ordering jerseys for their beer league team from K1 that would be able to order an extra in 5xl, please PM me.  Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CigarScott said:

I know that this is an odd request, but I’d like to get a couple more jerseys made by K1 Sportswear in size 5xl. They’re the only company that I know of that makes them this big which are long enough, wide enough in the shoulders, and big enough in the arms for me to wear with pads. I bought one of their Miracle on Ice replicas and love it but would prefer not spending $90 on jerseys just for stick & pucks and learn to play classes.

I talked to someone at K1 about trying to buy any oddball jerseys in 5xl that they may have lying around but they don’t have any extra jerseys just lying around, particularly in that size and they can’t make one-offs.  She suggested that I reach out to any team organizers or LHS that order jerseys from K1 to see if I could get a 5xl jersey tacked on to someone else’s order. I’m not fussy when it comes to the design so if anyone that works at a LHS or is ordering jerseys for their beer league team from K1 that would be able to order an extra in 5xl, please PM me.  Thanks!

How big are you?  You might find better luck in buying a 3X and having a local seamstress make it larger.  I'm sure a HOBBY LOBBY or Joann, Etc. Fabrics will have some dryfit poly to help you out.

1 hour ago, Ogie Oglethorpe said:

We were trying to get some K1 sweaters, too, but they changed their policy and require a 12 piece minimum (per color).

good luck!

This is NOT a new policy with K1!  Their policy has always been that if you don't want to pay an upcharge (heavy upcharges at that), then you'll order 12 jerseys of the same style and color scheme.  

@CigarScott You ever try goalie cut sweaters? They are pretty roomy for arms and shoulders because of the chest protector we wear. I can only use a 5X in K1 for my chest protector. Goalie cut may be short on you, but you could add a bottom stripe/hem with some dryfit poly to make it taller. 

You could get a goalie cut practise sweater pretty cheaply, as well. 

18 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

@CigarScott You ever try goalie cut sweaters? They are pretty roomy for arms and shoulders because of the chest protector we wear. I can only use a 5X in K1 for my chest protector. Goalie cut may be short on you, but you could add a bottom stripe/hem with some dryfit poly to make it taller. 

You could get a goalie cut practise sweater pretty cheaply, as well. 

Yes, I've tried multiple brands and they're either way too short, not wide enough in the shoulders or too tight in the gut which is why I have a bunch for sale on Sideline Swap. 🙂 

I have a 4xl Reebok Premier jersey that I got for like $30 that fits pretty well but it's meant for streetwear so it's bit tough to get my arms in them with elbow pads on and with wearing shoulders, it's a bit shorter than the K1.

1 minute ago, CigarScott said:

Yes, I've tried multiple brands and they're either way too short, not wide enough in the shoulders or too tight in the gut which is why I have a bunch for sale on Sideline Swap. 🙂 

I have a 4xl Reebok Premier jersey that I got for like $30 that fits pretty well but it's meant for streetwear so it's bit tough to get my arms in them with elbow pads on and with wearing shoulders, it's a bit shorter than the K1.

I thought goalie cut could be your answer, even if a bit short. Some have HUUUUUUGE arms and shoulders to accomodate the chest protector. It sounds like every option will be a fair bit of customisation and/or special order. That sucks for you...

I don’t get to drop ins with league fellows these days or I’d ask them; however- I may ask one fellow I know who just joined a league who they use; sometimes they do use K1, which is a great quality sweater. I see K1 for a quite a few of what look to be league sweaters. I’ll check...