Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
nicker87

CCM P20 curve

Does anyone have any info on CCMs P20 retail curve that looks to be debuting on the new Trigger line. Only info I can find is it's suppose to be a P02 clone. I'm wondering how it compares and what the actual lie will be on it. 

Edited by nicker87

This curve has been floating around for years. Usually as a special request by retailers. It is essentially a P02 with only differences that the biggest nerds notice. Where are you seeing it on Trigger 3Ds?

One thing I don't get is why do I usually see this curve in QRLs, Triggers and Vapors? While I can see the usefulness of this curve for a grinding forward close to the net, this is traditionally a clapper curve. I would love to see it on a Tacks or a Nexus.

On 10/2/2018 at 7:43 PM, ParabolicActivity said:

This curve has been floating around for years. Usually as a special request by retailers. It is essentially a P02 with only differences that the biggest nerds notice. Where are you seeing it on Trigger 3Ds?

One thing I don't get is why do I usually see this curve in QRLs, Triggers and Vapors? While I can see the usefulness of this curve for a grinding forward close to the net, this is traditionally a clapper curve. I would love to see it on a Tacks or a Nexus.

I never knew CCM even made a P02 clone untiI I found it on hockey supremacy website on the 3 Pro. I did some digging online and found this years ccm catalog as well as a list of CCM pro order curves that had some details, they list it as a lie and say it's a bit deeper than the P02, are those the differences you were talking about? If so can you elaborate a little more on them? Either way I went ahead and preordered the 3Pro so hopefully in a month or so I'll be able to compare myself. 

I noticed that too, I can't find a recent gen Nexus or Tacks with it anywhere. Seems Bauer still offers it on the Supreme line tho, but I'm not a fan of the kick point. I just started using it at the end of last season when I went on the hunt for something with the highest lie I could find at retail and grabbed a Sherwood T100 with it and fell in love right away, but was disappointed when I went to find more or any mid kick stick with it with no luck. 

21 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

P50 is much more user friendly - come on CCM. 

As an aside- nice to see heel curves not completely dead. 

I have always been a P92 then more recently P88 kinda guy but the lie just isn't high enough for me with those. I had always heard the P02 was around a 7, but seems to be more of a 6/6.5 in reality but has worked well for me and the square toe has been a nice bonus. 

I have one and can post pics if need be but ts basically a Lidstrom curve (the toe seems more round than what I remember it, still square compared to other curves). I purchased it as it looked cool and dont see these heel curves anywhere anymore. The lie seems a 5-6 to my eyes, might be wrong but does not seem that high. No idea what to expect of it on the ice until I try it lol. 

20190210-232155.jpg

I have a P20 Pro3. It is most definitely a 7 lie. It is identical to my P02. I didn't cut mine down at all and this stick has so much kick. I hit the cross bar from center ice when I was messing around after I bought it. It is such a rocket launcher I have never ripped an in game clapper with it because I don't want anyone to get hurt.