Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
IPv6Freely

Boston Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets

Boston Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Game 1: Thursday, April 25 at BOS | TV: NBCSN, 7 p.m.
Game 2: Saturday, April 27 at BOS | TV: NBC, 8 p.m.
Game 3: Tuesday, April 30 at CBJ | TV: NBCSN, 7 p.m.
Game 4: Thursday, May 2 at CBJ | TV: NBCSN, 7:30 p.m.
*Game 5: Saturday, May 4 at BOS | TV: NBC, 7:15 p.m.
*Game 6: Monday, May 6 at CBJ | TV: TBD
*Game 7: Wednesday, May 8 at BOS | TV: TBD

• Like 1

Good start taking game 1 on tired legs. They caught a team coming off a long lay-off and that always helps. I expect Columbus to be much better from the drop of the puck for game 2.

Loved the match up. This will come down to goalies as usual. CBJ did suck in the first all over, in the second and third they stated to give Bruins bang for the buck. It looks though the Bruins played a very strong game, made very little uncharacteristic errors. O and D were just as advertised. I want to give a nod to CBJ as even though they sucked first and did not produce much of mining full O, they did take the game deep in OT. Kepi goes to Bob here big time, but I see the CBJ has room for improvement while Bs might be at the top of their game. Looks like the book on Bob they are trying, is to shoot rockets just inside the posts. While promising, pretty hard to get it right.

I knew the Leafs series was going to be trouble. I mean they took you to game 7 last year and added Tavaras.

This one's a little different. This one will come down to depth and goaltending. Boston in 6. Just think they are better suited for a series like this and are more experienced.

Game 3 is done and yet another sneaky pock by Marchand. Well I guess after you are put in the box for HS and having to do a skate of shame after your team got scored on for your penalty, it make sense to do shit like this. Marchi is a gentleman and a scholar.

OnOk looks like finally the table has turned. Bruins domeying Jackets everywhere except when CBJ is on PK. I think Columbus had more scoring chances on Bruins power plays than Bruins. That said, Jackets have list 2 in the row now and they look pretty weak against B's 5 on 5. Shots on goal perhaps equal, but B's have better looking shots on goal its just Bob is pretty phenomenal. Jackets have won games against Tampa by being a coordinated and structured in 5v5, now they just run around, looking for what comes their way, and they are not good at it. A couple of mad dangles by Atkinson, Foligno, and Panarin. Although without a result, but entertaining to watch nevertheless. Boston looks pretty good to win tomorrow their 4th game of the series, but will see if Jackets can figure this out.

Wow, not in any way hyperbole, but the 2:00 to McAvoy for a predatory hit to the head of Anderson may be the worst call I have seen all year from a league that has by far the worst officiating of any sport.  This league can’t get out of its own way.

That call was ok. I think we are gotten to accustomed to people getting misconducts for any contact with the head.  It hardly was a predatory hit. McAvoy is not stupid to put his team in jepardy while they are clearly having a better night than Jackets. McAvoy looked scared sitting in the box, league might still suspend him for a game, you can see he looked worried. As per leagues rules, illegal hit to the head is a minor infraction. Giving him 5 would have been outside of the rules. They gave him 2, and left the rest up to the department of safety. Andy came back so no harm done. In playoffs teams need to win game by playing, not by this. It was a good series and the right team won. Boston has shown skill, grit, and heart. As the CBJ fan, but even more so fan of the game, I do not think Jackets deserved to pass these series. They have fallen apart during that brake. They have not played a single structured game against Boston. I have said from the game one of these series that they have room for improvement and sadly the improvement never happened. And what was the deal with this "we will be back here for game 7" crap. I love Tortz, but this was stupid. Now he has done that twice in the row and it turned out to be bullshit. 

...And yes, I did noticed that Tukka is a monster in goal. These 6 games might have been his best games yet. What a weapon that guy! 

Edited by Kgbeast
  • Like 1

I can say not predatory from the standpoint of headhunting, but like the Wilson hit on ZAR last year, Anderson was already engaged with Chara and had no way to see that hit coming.  The hit was almost entirely to the head.

But you are right, there is no major for a hit that they claim to want out of the game, did that change?, no provision for a misconduct, but there is a match penalty.  Good job NHL.

Great game....what a series. Hats off to the Blue Jackets. They played a hell of a series. 

As for the McAvoy hit. I'm ok with the 2. Anderson wasn't hurt on the play and I don't think McAvoy was headhunting. 

Having watched a lot of McAvoy, I didn't think he was trying to get the head. Stil, I was surprised that it wasn't called a major. Perhaps the referees were gun shy about having the NHL "apologize" again on them. 

I haven't seen anything about the NHL looking at the hit for discipline and Anderson seemed more than ok about it in the handshake line. I doubt McAvoy misses any games.

Well, intent and injury should have nothing to do with what is called, but it is still surprising that apparently there isn't a 5 in the rules for headshots so I guess the right (and only possible) call was made on the ice.

I think this is the right way to handle this. If hit is obviously predatory or done by the same person who played dangerously before in the game and/or has history, then yes, you can give him a match and a major, if it is uncharacteristic and illogical, you should give a player benefit of a doubt... Regardless of injury. This is dangerous sport and prayers know there is always a chance of being seriously injured. As for CBJ loss... In words of Morpheus, It happened the way it happened because it could not have happened any other way. They have tried everything, deflections, straight shots, 5 hole, pads, upper corners... Nothing went in. CBJ had a monster team, they coulda shoulda woulda click better or be better in the goal... Not like they woke up that morning and said "aah, we had some good run, I think we should go ahead and play softie today, give Bruins a taste of victory..." Or Bob in the goal thinking, " nah, I can stop this puck with my arms behind my back, but then it'll be to easy. How about I let this one through, that will make for a more dramatic come back". I can see how they are disappointed and wanted to win, so do the Bruins, so the Canes. Someone has to loose and that is not in players or coaches hands. You show up, put everything you got in the game, then you move on. If you've done that you should have no regrets...

On 5/7/2019 at 6:01 AM, chippa13 said:

Having watched a lot of McAvoy, I didn't think he was trying to get the head. Stil, I was surprised that it wasn't called a major.

There is no major for Illegal check to the head. It's either a minor, or a match penalty. Since there didn't seem to be any intent to injure, as you said, the match was not appropriate.

I don't think it had anything to do with the apology thing that you seem really stuck on. 

The talking heads for the past two days have also discussed whether or not the VGK situation had any bearing on the decision of the on-ice officials.

6 hours ago, chippa13 said:

The talking heads for the past two days have also discussed whether or not the VGK situation had any bearing on the decision of the on-ice officials.

Heard that too. Thing is that the refs who called that in Vegas/Sharks game are out of the playoffs. Message was, call within the rules or risk early season end. Refs moved from guilty unless proven innocent to innocent until proven guilty. What a concept, eh!